Respected Contributor

For those who use the aero pilates machine, do you do the same routine each time?  How many times per week?  I have been using mine about 2-3 times per week and I do the chart routine(most of it).  I also am tempted to get Miranda Whites CD .  Looks like something I would be very comfortable with.  I do need to stretch!!

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl

I personally have always preferred doing my own routines, be it Pilates/Running/Total Gym, and on and on. Once a person becomes familiar with why and what each type of exercise is doing for their specific body parts.

I don't care what type of exercise a person does, or doesn't do, stretching is imperative for anyone the hopes maintain their flexibility as they age. Going on 79 Friday and my flexibility is still as good as when I was in my 40's. The more miles I ran, the longer period of time I stretched, same for ice skating and all my many different resistance exercises.

I see many older people(younger than myself) that have very little, if any, flexibilty. Without flexible muscles and connective tissues, just moving is much harder. The easier it is for the muscles and connective tissue to contract and extend, the easier it makes every movement, especially while exercising.

Static stretches are what I have done for many decades, and still do every single day, exercise or a day off.

Do whatever programs you enjoy, I prefer doing my own. 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I use mine every day.I don't follow any particular routine,I just do my own thing. I also walk, hike and kayak...my 62 year old body works well

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl, you can go on YouTube and search for Pilates machine workouts.  All kinds there.  I used to use dvds but now just use YouTube.  I had no idea how much is on YouTube.  Check it out.  LM