Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  Just checked out that website, wow!  Even sleep patches!  I am doing more research on this website but I'm willing to give it a try.  You get what you pay for, thank you for the FYI!

@BornToShop 

Would you please let me know your thoughts?   A friend has purchased several types of patches and is very pleased with them.  She recommended them to me.   I've tried just the pain patches, am very pleased, but know nothing about any of the other offerings.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mary Bailey 

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I've used Salonpas with good results. I always have a box or two here.

I'm on the computer all day for work. I have pain in my right hand and wrist. I take the largest one available and wrap it around.  I sleep with it on.  I've also used on my back when needed.

I have two large ones on my left arm, left handed and did something yesterday, was in pain last night, got up and put one on and able to sleep.  Have one on back this morning.  They work for me. I get mine at Kaiser because I get 20% off being a retiree from Kaiser.  Always have a couple of boxes available in linin closet.

Honored Contributor

Re: Pain Relief Patches

[ Edited ]

@BornToShop wrote:

I have a bad shoulder due a fall slipping on ice this past winter and I'm not wanting to take oral pain relievers.  Any recommendations on pain patches that have worked?  TIA!  

@BornToShop    I have been using SportsGel for years, coud not live without it.  I buy it at Vitacost, but it is for sale other places such as amazon.  I look for the lowest cost and free shipping.

Both DD and I sprained our ankes, at different times, and SportsGel relieved the terrible, throbbing pain enough for us to sleep.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl  Headed to Vitacost tomorrow, thank you!  

Regular Contributor

I recently had similar psiin and nothing I tried helped. Rubbed on Mentholtum and was pain free after two days. 

Valued Contributor

I use Voltaire's for muscle aches and on my knee replacement . It works wonders , maybe not for the shoulder area though,  it's more for extremities according to the instructions . I did have a friend use it for a sore shoulder and she said it worked great .

Regular Contributor

@Sage04, could you recommend either a brand or a site for your liquid CBD roll-on?

I never know where to start with the CBD brands.

Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

@clarika wrote:

@Sage04, could you recommend either a brand or a site for your liquid CBD roll-on?

I never know where to start with the CBD brands.

Thank you.

@clarika  rosemans remedies dot com forward slash. I get the liquid roll on.  There is also the cream.

You can also google CDB products. Don'tknow if this Post will stay put.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44,

The body align look interesting. I'd never heard of them.

Do they work on the same principle as a tens unit do you think?

Have you moticed any side effects with the pain or sleep ones if you tried them too?

And last, it seems you can only order them from the website?

Thanks for mentioning these and also for any answers!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Tinkrbl44,

The body align look interesting. I'd never heard of them.

Do they work on the same principle as a tens unit do you think?

Have you moticed any side effects with the pain or sleep ones if you tried them too?

And last, it seems you can only order them from the website?

Thanks for mentioning these and also for any answers!

@on the bay 

Well, first I had to look up how a tens unit works ... even though I had used one many years ago.  LOL  Woman LOL

My best answer is I'm not sure, but they do seem similar.  There is plenty of information on the Body Align site, and answers are given in a day or two if you want to email questions to them.

What I can be sure of from my research is this .... the idea was conceived about 20-ish years ago from a Texas Instruments scientist, patents applied for,  and the company actually started in 2012 .  It appears to still be a privately held company, and I have never seen the patches sold anywhere else.

A friend had raved about the pain patches, making her decision to buy from online reviews.  I did BBB and D&B searches and found nothing negative about the company, so I gave it a try.  It was a new concept for me, but I figured that since I could get a refund, what the heck.   I just ordered another set of pain patches, having been totally satisfied and running low.  

Just to be clear, I used these patches for times when the pain is really up there.  The pain relief lasts from 3 to 5 days!  I also use lidocaine roll-on or patches some of the time.  It depends on the pain level on any given day.  

I know this isn't much, but it's all I've got.