Respected Contributor

@Preds To quote Willie Nelson, " You Are Always On My Mind, You are Always On My Mind "!

If and when you feel like it, please let me know how you are, in relation to your appt yesterday. 😘

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

Thank you @Coquille.  I'm doing well, just a little swelling in my feet/legs.  Ultrasound today showed no clots, so that is a good thing.  Possibly cellulitis.  Got drugs...we'll see.

Did get a couple pair of new shoes.  My fat feet couldn't fit in anything but houseshoes.  LOL   I'll be happy when I can get my boots back on.  My skinny legs prefer the warmth of my boots.

All will be fine in time.  Thanks for thinking of me. Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Re: Paging @Preds

[ Edited ]

@Preds wrote:

Thank you @Coquille.  I'm doing well, just a little swelling in my feet/legs.  Ultrasound today showed no clots, so that is a good thing.  Possibly cellulitis.  Got drugs...we'll see.

Did get a couple pair of new shoes.  My fat feet couldn't fit in anything but houseshoes.  LOL   I'll be happy when I can get my boots back on.  My skinny legs prefer the warmth of my boots.

All will be fine in time.  Thanks for thinking of me. Smiley Happy

@Preds  That's great! It's always a good when one can buy new shoes, for whatever reason. In your case comfort, high on the list. House shoes are very shiek, inside or outside. Do what you gotta do! Day by day by day.  Remember we're here always! 😘

GH, snooze fest. I don't know who's worse, as far as watching, Wooden Chase or One Face Ryan / Kevin. Although, Chase only has one face also. I watch GH every couple of days since it's sooo boring.😏

@Preds Just checked notifications and realized I wrote the word shiek instead of chic. Where was my head? No excuse.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello there, sweet @Preds

1203D3E6-E57B-475F-B5C5-C61E731D9265.gif

I've been missing you and wondering how you are coming along with your treatments. I thank @Coquille for starting this thread, too.❤️

Sorry about the temporary “fat feet” but glad you found some comfy shoes. You'll be kicking around in those boots again soon! 👢👢

TG for no clots, and I pray no cellulitis. 🙏 

Hope your DD will be there for Christmas and your lovely family can enjoy the season together, in whatever way makes you all most happy. 

Sending you lots o' love and hugs, (((my friend!))) Thanks a million for checking in. 

~Joy 💜

Honored Contributor

@WaJa61 wrote:

Hello there, sweet @Preds

1203D3E6-E57B-475F-B5C5-C61E731D9265.gif

I've been missing you and wondering how you are coming along with your treatments. I thank @Coquille for starting this thread, too.❤️

Sorry about the temporary “fat feet” but glad you found some comfy shoes. You'll be kicking around in those boots again soon! 👢👢

TG for no clots, and I pray no cellulitis. 🙏 

Hope your DD will be there for Christmas and your lovely family can enjoy the season together, in whatever way makes you all most happy. 

Sending you lots o' love and hugs, (((my friend!))) Thanks a million for checking in. 

~Joy 💜

Hey @WaJa61 ... Miss you, too.  I do see where you are around, but I don't "check in".  My bad.

DD and family will be here for Christmas Eve.  Trying to plan and decorate for that now.  I have tubs and boxes everywhere.  I'm way behind.  Looks like Santa  dumped everything in my living room.  Lawdy help me.  LOL

Know you will have a big gathering and I'm sending love and hugs to all of you.  Behave yourself, rest (I know you are still healing) and enjoy.  Blessings to all ... and again ... behave and rest.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Preds

always good to hear from you..how did our lives get so cluttered with lots of tubs?  Don't stand on any chairs!  Sending you much love for much healing.

xoxo, Justice

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the sweet message, @Preds! It doesn’t matter to me when or where you post... so long as I can find you and know how you and yours are doing. I mostly duck in and out of here during little work breaks. This “mentioned” messaging system helps a lot! I think about you, @loveschocolate (Merry Christmas, loves! ❤️), MickD, Gooday, Doobs and all of our friends ~ all the time. I understand with what all you're going through, plus preparing for the holidays, you don’t have much time... or energy some days, to be checking in on a message board. I'd never take it personally. Just makes it all the more special when I see you here. If you ever want to locate me for any reason; you can usually find me on “hello” in AF. One of those kind souls will let me know by txt.

Hey, I'm behind, too! I don’t even have a valid excuse and if you ask me, the holidays are too close together. Especially for we ladies who do the most work ~ and it IS work! Not even half done with the wrapping, and still have to find the stocking stuffers and shop for Christmas dinner. I won’t have a big crowd like I did for Thanksgiving. My three kids have to divide these things with their in-laws families, too. I'm okay with that, since I recall when DH and I had to do the same. We're going with the grandkids to see Santa tomorrow!! 🤗

I'm glad your DD and her family will be there with you and your DH  for Christmas Eve! I hope you'll be feeling well rested and y’all have a wonderful time! 

I am trying to behave myself since my feet healed up from the surgeries... No more cute, stylish shoes. Sensible, good supportive ~ and all too expensive ones from now on. 🙄 You wouldn’t believe how many I threw away and donated. Otherwise my sciatica is bugging me... which makes me behave as an old crank at times. I try to remember that just because I'm in pain, it doesn’t mean I have to be a pain in the butt to others.

Yep... REST and RELAX whenever possible ~ you, too, Lady. If we don’t get it all done, Christmas will come and go just the same. See you around again soon! 

Love & Hugs,

~Joy 💜 

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

@Preds

always good to hear from you..how did our lives get so cluttered with lots of tubs?  Don't stand on any chairs!  Sending you much love for much healing.

xoxo, Justice

Hahaha ... no chair standing for me @Justice4all.  Those days are over.  I have my three step little ladder now.  Love that little bugger.  The tubs are like rabbits ... they multiply while in the attic.  I know I didn't send that many up there.  Smiley Wink  Sending love right back atcha'.

Honored Contributor

@WaJa61 ... We're cutting back a lot this year because of all the daily stuff going on. Busy, busy, busy.  LOL  Only putting out about 1/3 of what we normally do.  Family will be shocked but they will agree.  It's kinda' weird.

DH even wants to cater Christmas Eve breakfast.  DD and SIL agree with him.  That's the hard part for me.  I've, or we have always done breakfast.  That's why everyone "pops in".  LOL Just became tradition.  Will be interesting to see how this works out.  I know us and I'll probably make up for it by making extra munchies.  LOL

I'll check in on you again soon.  Love you!

Respected Contributor

I understand, @Preds... there is nothing to compare to a loving mom's/wife's special dishes, and touches with decorating for the holidays. It's a labor of love for us, too, tiring as it is. So disappointing when we aren’t up to it, and I just KNOW you'll add some of your own special treats. Maybe DD's and your DH's very favorites. They and your “pop in” guests are surely more concerned about your health and spending time with you... which can make a strong woman feel a little uncomfortable. Or even a lot! I'm learning to delegate chores and teaching my DD and DILs the recipes they, my sons and my DH most enjoy. Preparing for the day I must pass the torch. It's a bittersweet thing... This year your catering breakfast sounds ideal! More time and energy to spend with your family and guests. By next year, you could be at the top of your game again. I am praying toward that end, dear friend. 

😂 Those multiplying “bunny” tubs from the attic! My DH told me a few years ago that a lot of my decor would have to find another home, or the ceiling would come down on us!! I divided most of it up between the kids, donated some and tossed the rest. Got it down to 3 tubs, plus the artificial tree box. They fit under my gift wrapping station in the basement now. Kind of miraculous! And I don’t miss any of it, but it's sweet to see some of it included in the kid's decor now. 

Yes, please do check in when you can and want to. I love you, too ~ a bushel and a peck, with a hug around your neck! 🤗 

~Joy 💜