Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

@gloriajean wrote:

Do any of you have a pacemaker?  My husband has to have one, his heart keeps beating too fast, Pills don't help it. So just wondering if anyone has one, and is it going okay?

I'm sorry for your husband's diagnosis. 

My heart was doing the same, beating so fast you couldn't even get a pulse.

In my case, the meds worked.   But there may come a time I need a pacemaker.

There's been some great improvements in the device & the surgery.

Praying for an excellent outcome.

Surgery was a pice of cake.

Honored Contributor

Pacemakers are fairly common now.  My friend's daughter developed heart rhythm anomaly when she was a little girl, she's 28 now and has had a pacemaker for most of her life.  She has never had any problems, even when she was pregnant.  Pacemakers are replaced periodically.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the responses.  He also has to be on Eloquist, a blood thinner. So he cannot have Iboprofins, or zinc anymore or any aspirin, and on a low salt diet.  Anyone on a blood thinner too?   He found out that he also has two leaky valves, and a cardiologist will be calling him. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gloriajean wrote:

Thanks for the responses.  He also has to be on Eloquist, a blood thinner. So he cannot have Iboprofins, or zinc anymore or any aspirin, and on a low salt diet.  Anyone on a blood thinner too?   He found out that he also has two leaky valves, and a cardiologist will be calling him. 

@gloriajean 

My dad was on Cumodin(sp?), a blood thinner, and he needed to have a heart valve replaced.

They replaced the valve by going up the femoral artery in the leg.

This is much less invasive than opening the chest, and has a much quicker recovery time.

My dad too could not take asprin, and had to watch his salt intake, and could not eat any dark, leafy greens, such as spinach, because of the levels of vitamin K.

Oh, in 1992, he had a quad bypass.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

My grandmother (she lived to 104) had a couple of spells of passing out....eventually her doctor put in a pace maker, worked like a charm for her!

Honored Contributor

My dad had one for 25 years 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday Morning, Nov. 10th he gets his ablation and pacemaker. We pray for his successful surgery and no complacations. Thank you for your respoinses.  I appreciate that. Now I just found out that my daugther, a Hospice Nurse, just tested positive, - with no symptoms.  She was going to take him to the hospital.