Respected Contributor

I saw that interview with Tracy Morgan but he may be diabetic. I am diabetic and that is why I am on Mounjaro. People think these drugs are for weight loss, but they were developed for Diabetes with a side effect of weight loss. 

There is a lot of misuse of these drugs by people who want to lose a few pounds, however many people like me, really needed these drugs. 

Honored Contributor

If You Need Surgery While on Ozempic or Wegovy BE VERY CAREFUL!

Surgery while on Ozempic or Wegovy or other GLP-1 agonists such as Victoza, Saxenda, or Mounjaro requires special caution. Beware aspiration!

Read this article

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Comedian Tracy Morgan said yesterday on Hoda & Jenna that he uses it.  They thought he was joking since he was joking about everything, but he said no, he goes every Thursday for the shot.  

I read that.  I don't know why he felt he had to go public with it.  Obviously, he doesn't meet the medical criteria.  He's probably overweight but not obese or morbidly obese.  That's what is pushing people to these paid websites.  As for going to get his shot.  I wondered about that and thought he could be lying.  The Glp 1 medications come in an objective pen format.  You inject it yourself once a week.  No one goes to the doctor for an injection.  

@chrystaltree  Do you have access to Tracy Morgan's medical chart?  How do you know he does not meet the medical criteria for Ozempic?  Do you think maybe he has the resources to have someone do injections for him, instead of doing them himself?  Ozempic is a medicine for adults with type 2 diabetes.  Weight loss is a side effect, and the medicine can be prescribed off label for weight loss.  Black adults are nearly twice as likely as white adults to develop type 2 diabetes.  Data suggests that Ozempic may also be an effective treatment for addiction and Alzheimer’s disease.  Are you qualified to make medical decisions for people you see on TV?