Valued Contributor

Re: NutriSystem tsv, anyone do this program?

Thanks for the replies. My concern was all the preservatives in food like this. We've been eating somewhat paleo but wanted a quicker way to lose some weight. Interesting to read the pros and cons of the program.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes.   It works.   My neighbor in 9 months lost 250 pounds from 450 pounds to now weighs 200 pounds with a combination of being on Nutrisystem and having Gastric Bypass surgery.   She seems to be maintaining her weight regularly on Nurisysten.

Contributor

My husband has been on it for 7 months and has lost  44 pounds. This is his preferred go to diet because it does work for him. He chooses his own food online. He has tried it all and he knows which nutrisystem food he likes best. He also eats lots of salads and vegetables. He also doctors up those little nutrisystem pizzas...lol.

I have tried this diet, but I am the kind of person who needs to limit some carbs to lose weight. So, it didn't work as well for me.

Frequent Contributor

R189e: NutriSystem tsv, anyone do this program?

Is it me or has anyone noticed that the TSV Nutrisystem today has increased in price dramatically?  I purchased it last year for $189 on autoship

Valued Contributor

My neighbor lost 50 lbs. and gained it all back and then some. You either have to stay on it or change your eating habits forever. While eating a nasty looking pea soup, my neighbor was salivating for chocolate cake. A friend lost 90 lbs on Weight Watcher. She gained it all back.I believe eating habits are mental. You have to have the desire and be in a constant awareness of what you eat.Then any diet will work.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I lose weight and then just stay off sugar I'm fine. I can't eat a little sugar it's either all or nothing for me. I do agree if you don't change your eating habits it doesn't matter how you lose the weight you'll probably gain it back

Respected Contributor

NutriSystem does work.  The problem, like with every diet, is when you get off and go on maintenance.  If you are a very disciplined person (like Marie Osmond seems to be), it will be great for you.

I did this diet many years ago and lost 26 lbs.  The pounds slowly crept back.  Did it a few times after that with the same results.  I nearly signed up for it yesterday, but when I read the breakfast choices you get, I gave up.   They were just about all overly sweet bars.  Didn't check out the other items.

When I did this diet the first few times, they had great tasting pancakes, muffins, and a few other items I could eat.  I know the sweetness doesn't come from sugar, but I just can't eat these sweet bars.

Respected Contributor

Truthfully in my humble opinion I would get on a Clean Eating program! It really works.

Super Contributor

All these diets are basically the same.  They use cheap ingredients and are very low calorie.  Of course you lose weight when calories are that restricted.  I made the mistake a few years ago and was on a similar diet.  Most products contained soy in one form or another.  I paid by getting Hashimotos.  Soy has been linked to causing Thyroid issues. The soy in these products is highly processed GMO garbage and not the same uprocessed product consumed in Japan and Asia.  I am convinced if I hadn't been on that stupid diet I would be healthy.  Also, after you return to half way normal eating the weight will come back.  I have lost weight and kept it off by making healthy choices and eating mostly organic.  I paid a high price before getting smart.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I was still working, there were several co-workers who would bring their Nutrisystem meals to the lunchroom and heat them up; they would push the food around and then offer it to others...no takers...then throw it away. i never tasted it, but it looked terrible. I noticed it is very high in sodium and carbs....no thanks. I think the new "free style" program that Weight Watchers has started sounds like a good idea and more practical, especially the zero point foods....