Honored Contributor

💦Drinking water?💦

What do you do for drinking water?

Now I’m starting/continuing research on the water we drink every day.

What can you tell me that you might know?

TIA

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: 💦Drinking water?💦

I know it's harder to do being home all day than sitting, say, at a desk in an office.  At home, you're never in one place very long!  

What sort of study are you doing?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@LTT1  I use a Brita pitcher.  There may be better filters, but I like the way the water tastes with this filter.  I've tried two other ones and didn't like the water as well.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

i use a brita pitcher sometimes and mostly use bottled water. the ones i prefer are FIJI and VOSS. i am not a big water drinker, but i do try. i am better in the summertime when it is hot.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Our water supply comes from a well on our property and unfortunately over the years it has become contaminated with choloform bacteria(not sure of the spelling) and various undesirable pollutants. There are farms all around us and they are not organic so all the herbicide and pesticide run off from their fields, animal waste they use to fertilize, well you get the picture. We did dig the well deeper to try to escape some of this, but we still needed to invest in an ultraviolet light for on the well and a whole house water softner and water filter system. Besides that all the water we drink or cook with I run through a Brita filter.

Respected Contributor

Pur water filter and pitcher.

Respected Contributor

We purchased an Aquasauna from the Q. And we really enjoy not having to haul bottled water into the house, then trying to fiqure out where to store it. But hauling it in about killed us, literally. We have had this unit  for 2 1/2 years and it works so well that our lawn helper said He never, eve,r tasted water this good. So very glad I purchased it, it was a must have.Even my plants are happy.

Honored Contributor

I only drink water so I use a Waterlogic water purifer with a UV light and 3 different filtering.  I love the water from it and wouldn't be without it.  Sure, you have to change the filter and UV light depending on how much you use it (a year or more) but it's well worth it.

Esteemed Contributor

We have the best water clean, clear water coming straight out of our facets! I cannot imagine not drinking a lot of water throughout the day. It's so healthy. 

Didn't most of you grow up drinking clean water? It's painful to read how such a precious commodity has become polluted over the years. Our society doesn't seem to take care of Earth.

If I remember correctly we were all taught to "Leave this place better than we found it." Sadly, our generations haven't followed that wise lesson.

The well water post of especially painful to read. Costs associated with cleaning up that polluted water must be enormous. I'm so sorry.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@LTT1

What I do know? The human body is made up of over 60% water, the brain and lungs, closer to 90%. I know from working in 100+ factory/running in hot weather/ice skating most of the year(when able), and a variety of every day activities, I need water to maintain my body.

I also know that humans that wait until they are thirsty before drinking water in hot weather or high level activities, are most likely already dehydrated, not a good thing, sometimes very dangerous. 

I take my liter+ water bottle everywhere I go and drink a lot of it. I don't measure how much I drink because I understand my personal body's need for this type of fluid.

We have used the "clean and pure" water filters for years, and I have tried many, including triple osmosis. To me this does the best job for much less cost, and no plastic bottles to recycle.

After my 2nd heart attack and I was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure (CHF), I was limited to 64oz. of TOTAL FLUID per day. In all my illnesses, nothing was harder for me than limiting my water intake. Fortunately I was able to get my heart's Ejection Fraction(EF) number high enough, through very hard workouts, up to numbers high enough to move out of the CHF category. Took me a little over 9 long, long, long, months.

Water is my constant companion. Probably more than you wanted to know about me, but hey! You know me!   =^..^=

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)