Respected Contributor

Re: Nutri System , anyone ?

[ Edited ]

The muffin wasn't as good as that fudge graham bar, Poodlepet, but I felt so much better after eating it than if I'd gotten a muffin at the doughnut shop.  Those are all sugar and have far more calories, but they don't stay with you as long.  I wanted to try this because I like carbs, particularly pasta and bread, but want to cut down on the pure sugar/carb foods.  This allows me to do that while eating what tastes like a treat.  I might even get more of this if I continue to like it.  I'd have to stop losing at 10 pounds at the most, but I might keep some of the bars and other foods around as snacks that aren't as bad for you. 

Respected Contributor

I had the pretzels last night and it's a good thing those things are portioned controlled!!!! If a giant bag was around, it would be a dangerous thing! I had the banana walnut muffin for breakfast with PB II to spread.....and I liked it. I feel full too: that is so important to me. Yesterday, the Nutriflakes threw me off for almost the entire day: I was ravenous the entire day. If I hadn't kept food journals and records, I would blame it on NS, but going back, there seems to be a problem with me and cold cereal-but strangely enough, I am just fine with Cheerios....go figure!

I would like to share a positive thought with everybody here. Even modest weight losses pay off in a really big way. I wound up with a disease that's not going away-and possibly could have been prevented if I would have taken off the weight and eaten the right way. What you are doing is so very positive and fantastic for your health: you are to be commended for taking control. Every pound you lose is a victory-and no, it won't come off overnight, but it will come off. I was always an "emotional" eater and I would make bad, bad, indulgent choices. Once I started eating the right way, I formed a brand new relationship with food: it's absolutely amazing how everything falls into place when you nourish your body. Have a wonderful day and hugs,

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Does anybody want some cheesecake? Could it possibly be used as a Smart Fuel with a serving of berries? Yes!

My recipe calls for two cups of Greek yogurt. I adore ******e 2%, but use what's right for you. (As an aside, a number of Registered Dieticians that I have spoken with have changed their tune when it comes to fat-free milk and products. The thought is, skim milk is high in lactose, and there is nothing to slow down the absorption.....but if you add a little fat, it slows the absorption)

2 cups ******e Greek yogurt

1/2 cup milk (I used almond milk,30calories per cup)

1 ounce box Jello sugar free cheesecake mix

Simply add ingredients in a bowl and blend with a balloon whisk or blend in a blender. ENJOY! A PS to this is I personally have half a cup because of calorie and fat limitations, but it all depends on what you use to make it with. I can't wait to try some frozen!

Poodlepet2

Trusted Contributor

Does anyone think it's possible to do Nutrisystem for breakfast and lunch and snack and do my own healthy dinner? I like the convenience of having an easy breakfast and lunch but I need to cook for the family for dinner. Do you think I could make it work? My dinners are usually quite healthy anyway, it's the rest of the day that's my downfall. TIA.

Respected Contributor

Daisyk, you can do anything you want. Nutrisystem is a luxury in that the food is made for you and portion controlled, but it's nothing you can't do on your own. I think fresh is best-and it's an excellent idea to cook at home.....but I love the luxury of having options combined with ease. You are the only one you have to be accountable to-go for it!

Poodlepet2

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the reply Poodlepet, I think I'm going to give it a try for a month and see how it goes. I know fresh is best and I do this with our dinners, but it's the rest of the day. I am the queen of the sandwich because they're easy. I want to do better than that. Thanks again!

Occasional Contributor

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts about Nutri system.

update : mine is so far not so good ( loll)

I over ate bc I work out like 1 hour /day ..... .  I love their muffins, cheesy puff , lasagna .....the shakes are not that good ...anyway ....I will try to control my eaitng by planning ahead, write a sticky note and post at my desk about what time is my next meal and what it is ....my goal is to work out 1 hour/day ....anything ....from zumba, doing dumbell , walking .....

i like the idea of doing some work out activity at least 3 times /day ...10min/time from Nutri system ....very doable .

I am doing food journal too ....hope that all things will help me some how ...have a nice MOnday ladies .

Contributor

Re: Nutri System , anyone ?

[ Edited ]

I have done NS in the past and if you follow the plan as written you WILL lose weight.  I quickly lost 30 pounds in 3 months.  This was ten years ago.  

My daughter is now on it, and all I can say is the food has improved a lot!  She gets the frozen selections as part of the package.   

It is great if you don't have to cook much for other family members!  It's a no brainer to do.  Just eat the food and add in your extra fruit, vegies and extras!

I don't know why people complain about the food all the time.   I think it is quite tasty!  

I always recommend NS to someone who has the money, and wants to lose weight fast.  

I think  its a great investment for your health