Respected Contributor

Re: Not happy about Spring Break.

@Mindy D wrote:

@ahoymate wrote:

Mindy, we have to live and not in fear. Don't let the news make you fearful. Live, but take prudent precautions.

I plan to live my life and I'm not fearful, just realistic. 

Respectfully, with the bulk of your posts being gloom and doom, cut and paste health warnings and other bad news, you come across as being consumed by these things.  That’s neither a realistic outlook, or a healthy way to live.  

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I understand!  I have heard many people are not happy that the arnold classic is going to ohio this coming weekend. i feel like why chance these things? why take chances when much is not known how this virus spreads Cat Sad

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

I notice that all the "this is an overreaction" are people who either don't work outside the home or are retired.

I doubt anyone here is going to Bike Week or are Spring Break types. 

@Snowpuppy 

You got me on both your points. Not many "spring breakers" hit Nebraska. Work? Retired so long almost forgot the meaning of the word. But!!

I am not a "go with the flow person". Were I still working/around hundreds on my job/kids galore around youth hockey games/drag racing around thousands, etc. etc?  Nothing about what I am saying here or have said in other posts about this virus would be 1 word different.

Lived my previous umpteen decades doing what I feel I can control in respect to contracting illnesses and pay little attention to those over which I have no control. Right now I am exactly the same person saying exactly the same things I was saying way back when. Your statement might apply to some, but not to this old fart.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Did you move to Florida or were you born there?

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Esteemed Contributor

You crack me up, @Kachina624 ! Woman Very HappyWoman WinkWoman LOL

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

If you asked me, I think spring break might not be as hearty this year....just a hunch.

I disagree.  Spring breaks have already started. My flights to Florida over the weekend were crammed full with college student aged young people and families headed south. The Atlanta airport was the busiest I’ve seen it on a weekend in a long time. I’m currently on a barrier island in the Sarasota area and it’s busy, busy, busy with lodgings full and restaurant lines long. Those who were planning to travel for break are still doing it. Quite frankly, the only place I’m seeing the “I’m stocking up, staying home and living in fear” response is here on the Q boards. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@ahoymate wrote:

Mindy, we have to live and not in fear. Don't let the news make you fearful. Live, but take prudent precautions.

I plan to live my life and I'm not fearful, just realistic. 

Respectfully, with the bulk of your posts being gloom and doom, cut and paste health warnings and other bad news, you come across as being consumed by these things.  That’s neither a realistic outlook, or a healthy way to live.  

@FrostyBabe1    Perfectly said and very true.  To me this an indication, the poster need to find some activity to keep her busy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

I notice that all the "this is an overreaction" are people who either don't work outside the home or are retired.

I doubt anyone here is going to Bike Week or are Spring Break types. 

@Snowpuppy, I think some people are overreacting and I do work outside the home. And I am going on a cruise at the end of April.  And for the record, I have been to bike week once.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

If you asked me, I think spring break might not be as hearty this year....just a hunch.

I disagree.  Spring breaks have already started. My flights to Florida over the weekend were crammed full with college student aged young people and families headed south. The Atlanta airport was the busiest I’ve seen it on a weekend in a long time. I’m currently on a barrier island in the Sarasota area and it’s busy, busy, busy with lodgings full and restaurant lines long. Those who were planning to travel for break are still doing it. Quite frankly, the only place I’m seeing the “I’m stocking up, staying home and living in fear” response is here on the Q boards. 

In my area we have an outbreak and I am noticing smaller crowds in shopping places except Costco where everyone has gone to stock up.

Esteemed Contributor

DH and I are in Las Vegas for the week.   We wash our hands frequently and don't worry. Btw we too were at the ultimate bike week (Sturgis) once and had a ball, we'd go again in a heartbeat.  You do know that many professionals and business owners go to motorcycle events (especially since 50k and up for nice bikes).