Honored Contributor

Re: Not happy about Spring Break.

@Snowpuppy wrote:

I notice that all the "this is an overreaction" are people who either don't work outside the home or are retired.

I doubt anyone here is going to Bike Week or are Spring Break types. 

@Snowpuppy    News flash!  Retired people shop, buy groceries, go out to eat, attend movies and concerts, everything everyone else does except work, which may or may not involve a lot of human contact.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It's not just Florida but any place where people go to vacation. Around here in Colorado March and April has the best snow skiing and people come here from around the world to experience that. My city, Colorado Springs, is home to the US Olympic Training Headquarters where athletes come from everywhere and, with the upcoming games, there have been many come here to train. We also have five military installations here as well. It's just a matter of time until the virus gets here.

Frequent Contributor

Haha well I go to bike week every year October and March. Many professionals do. It's amazing.

Respected Contributor

IMO being worried about Spring Breakers because of Coronavirus is not being realistic. 

Until people start dropping dead by the hundreds in my town, it's business as usual for me with and normal precautions. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

I notice that all the "this is an overreaction" are people who either don't work outside the home or are retired.

I doubt anyone here is going to Bike Week or are Spring Break types. 

I work outside the home and I'm not retired and I think this has been over reported or the influenza virus is under-reported by the media. Id go to Bike Week if i had someone to go with .lol

Respected Contributor

It's spring training here. People are here in droves for the baseball games. Nobody seems worried about the virus. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

Tourists are essential to the health of the economy here in Florida but I'm not happy about the possible impact on our health that could arise from a huge influx of Spring Breakers. 

There's also an upcoming music festival that had an attendance last year of 170,000. 

I cannot imagine being somewhere with 170,000 other people. I don't think I could handle it. Virus or no virus. Thats a lot of folks and body odor. 

Honored Contributor

I would probably skip the music this year....😉
Honored Contributor

College kids will come for spring break regardless of the possibility of the virus...they are not vulnerable to anything in their own eyes and I seriously doubt many of them ever get a flu shot either.
Trusted Contributor

When I think of spring break I think of young people like in college. They aren’t going to let anything stop them from partying on spring break. I also don’t know any people who are changing their lives in any way. I would be apprehensive about traveling  but I worry about everything. If my granddaughter has the opportunity she will be on a plane to LA in a heartbeat.