Honored Contributor

Not happy about Spring Break.

[ Edited ]

Tourists are essential to the health of the economy here in Florida but I'm not happy about the possible impact on our health that could arise from a huge influx of Spring Breakers. 

There's also an upcoming music festival that had an attendance last year of 170,000. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Not happy about Spring Break.

Mindy, we have to live and not in fear. Don't let the news make you fearful. Live, but take prudent precautions.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D  Completely agree. I'm not happy about spring breakers. This virus is serious stuff. 

Honored Contributor

Oh, Mindy.  

That's all.

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

Mindy, we have to live and not in fear. Don't let the news make you fearful. Live, but take prudent precautions.

I plan to live my life and I'm not fearful, just realistic. 

Honored Contributor

I do wonder if you  might have anxiety.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D    Do you plan to attend these events, join the crowd?  If not, I don't see a problem.  In constantly referencing this situation, you are just creating anxiety in yourself and others.  Just relax and follow the guidelines we've been given.  I know you know where to find them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I notice that all the "this is an overreaction" are people who either don't work outside the home or are retired.

I doubt anyone here is going to Bike Week or are Spring Break types. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D   Just a thought....maybe there won't be as many tourists or spring break students this year due to the virus.  People might be considering staying closer to home.  Best not to be in large crowds. (France is very serious about restricting large populated gatherings.)  My guess is there will be fewer people this year for Spring break/Music Festival. 

Also, to a large degree you can control avoiding any crowds and easily take the recommended actions to stay healthy.  Let us know about the tourists this year, I'm curious.  The best we can do is stay calm, rational, and take measures to stay safe.

Honored Contributor

If you asked me, I think spring break might not be as hearty this year....just a hunch.