Honored Contributor

Re: No shopping channels in hospital on TV

Hey, gazelle! You have wifi and an ipad, right? You sound good. How long will you stay in the hospital?
Respected Contributor

Hope you have a smooth recovery. Amazing you're going home already tomorrow. Put baby powder in your surgical socks lol
Respected Contributor

Gazelle, best wishes to you. It sounds like you're doing great. I've had both hips replaced, and I found recovery to be fairly easy. I was back to work in 3 weeks. It was such a relief to be free of pain. I hope your recovery goes smoothly.
Esteemed Contributor

Oh wow, I figured hip replacement surgery was something you would need a lot of pain meds for because of the pain. You wouldn't be able to understand what I would write hours after surgery! LOL!!

First I want to say I hope you have a speedy and as much of a pain free recovery that is possible!

I have had several surgeries due to Crohn's disease and each have been at a different hospital here. Every single hospital I have been in has basic cable and none of them block out shopping channels. I never really thought about them blocking it out because of bad decisions made on pain meds but that is a good point.

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon and push that button when you need your pain meds. Don't be a hero! I pushed that sucker every time I could for the first few days! I hear you about wanting more to eat. My surgeries were even worse since they were on my GI tract and those usually require you wait even longer. I had to go for days without anything but liquids and I was SO hungry after these surgeries because I had been on all liquids for MONTHS prior to the surgery because of all the pain it caused to eat. My first night out I went to my favorite Mexican place and ordered 2 different entrees. I could only eat a couple bites but I tried my hardest! LOL!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Frequent Contributor

We have both QVC and HSN at the hospital I work at..........it's a Children's hospital.

Esteemed Contributor

Best wishes for a successful recovery.

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

Wishing you a speedy recovery! Take care...
Honored Contributor

It is not wise to take a computer or a tablet to the hospital - the hospital will not be responsible for it. Why do people bring valuables to the hospital all the time ? The chance it may be stolen while you are asleep is very high. There are people who wander in and out of people's rooms , looking through the drawers for anything they can steal all the time. This is one place that is open to the general public at all times, and no one thinks anything of seeing anyone wandering about. People need to leave their jewelry, money , electronics, credit cards and anything else of value at home.

Trusted Contributor

It sounds like you're doing great so far. Good luck with the healing process. Don't those hospitals know you can order more from an app than a TV station?

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Trusted Contributor

Best wishes on your recovery. My hospital stay was the same NO shopping channels to occupy me so I had my family bring lots of magazines to read to past the time, if I ever go again I will find a book I really want to read and bring it. I too was starving after surgery only given liquids because I had abdominal surgery. I was there a week and could hardly wait to go home but even then I had to take it easy and eat very lightly. The only good thing was I lost weight.