Esteemed Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Nyt has a great article on how there will be many new protocols for using elevators, especially in high rises.  High points include limiting occupancy to four, facing forward, no talking.  I hadn't thought about this issue (I can only think of one elevator in entire town) but this will become a huge issue in office buildings.  Will people have to add significant time to their commutes just to ensure that they are punctual? Something to think about.

They can put each person facing a wall with a sign on each wall saying no talking. 😆 

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

It's a great place to live.  I've been here since 1993.

I grew up in Queens (Richmond Hill).

--------------------------------------------

@I am still oxox wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

I am a born and raised NY'er and so are my folks, Dad grew up on St Marks and Mom grew up in the Bronx. Yet I never met anyone who lived in Stuy town. My dad did go to Stuyvesant HS but that is another story  

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@stuyvesant 

Just noticed your nic .... any chance you live in StuyTown?  (I do.)

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@I am still oxox 

@I am still oxox wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

I am a born and raised NY'er and so are my folks, Dad grew up on St Marks and Mom grew up in the Bronx. Yet I never met anyone who lived in Stuy town. My dad did go to Stuyvesant HS but that is another story  

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@stuyvesant 

@ALRATIBA  I just had to say my husband is from Queens. He is not from Richmond Hill but our close friends are. Have been there quite often in the past 40 years.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

I left RH in 1963 ... When we returned to NY in 1989, my aunt took me on a tour of the old neighborhood.   From where our house was to the end of the block is now an apartment house.  

There's a FB group on RH memories.   

----------------------------

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@I am still oxox 

@I am still oxox wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@stuyvesant 

@ALRATIBA  I just had to say my husband is from Queens. He is not from Richmond Hill but our close friends are. Have been there quite often in the past 40 years.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

I grew up in the Bronx off the Concourse near Tremont Ave then to Co op City with my folks, married move to Brooklyn and back to Westchester when my parents started to age

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@I am still oxox 

@I am still oxox wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@stuyvesant 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

Up until yesterday I had not been in an elevator since March, at my Dads building there are two doors to go in thru the "service entrance" one is now permanently open. So there are less surfaces to touch 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I didn't think of this for work.

Very few people are in the office, but I can see down the road as more people go back that we would need to have a capacity limit.  We're required to wear face coverings in elevators, but that's it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN