Honored Contributor

Skip the elevator, take the stairs. Good time to start an exercise regime. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

I live in a  high-rise buiidng .... same deal here.  One person or family group.  Masks required anytime we're out of our apartment (to laundry room, mail, etc.)

I live on the 10th floor - so stairs aren't an option for me!

Everyone here is good about the requirements.  It's really for our own benefit.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@stuyvesant 

Just noticed your nic .... any chance you live in StuyTown?  (I do.)

Trusted Contributor

I'm here in FL where virus numbers are soaring. Went to doc appt few days ago in a high rise medical building. Nobody at entrance doors to monitor mask wearing. 2 elevators. Hubby and I were masked, but nobody else entering building wore masks. Every time we went to get on the elevator someone unmasked would get on behind us and we had step back out to wait for next elevator. This went on for several tries. We could never get the elevator to ourselves or ride with other masked people. Finally gave up and walked up the stairs even though my husband is 80. And this was a medical office building. Younger Floridians are very disrespectful of others when it comes to masks, distancing and gatherings. Easy to see why we're becoming a virus hotspot. 

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

If the elevator gets stuck..........I want somebody to talk to.

If you press the emergency button, the fire dept will talk to you through the intercon until you are rescued by them on site.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@ID2   Your well-intentioned suggestion to take the stairs may be practical in some cases but not in most around here for various reasons. 

We've had people get get stuck in the stairwells because the doors to other floors in the building were locked. We are not to take the stairs if it can be avoided and we have been warned to make sure we have our cell phones with us if we have to. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac OKAY - no more humor -

Honored Contributor

@patbz 

What will they do if someone(s)on the high rise buildings has flatulence during the ride? It has been said that cows are effecting, you know that opinion.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

I am a born and raised NY'er and so are my folks, Dad grew up on St Marks and Mom grew up in the Bronx. Yet I never met anyone who lived in Stuy town. My dad did go to Stuyvesant HS but that is another story  

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@stuyvesant 

Just noticed your nic .... any chance you live in StuyTown?  (I do.)

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Skip the elevator, take the stairs. Good time to start an exercise regime. 

@ID2  Sure. A building five floors, go for it. If you are in a high rise building, forget it.