Honored Contributor

Anyone ever used this supplement for neuropathy?

Esteemed Contributor

I went to see, and it looks like a massive amount of a variation of B1 with lots of B12, and other stuff too.

For me, I would not go near it.

Respected Contributor

Believe me, if it worked the medical community would be all over it.

And so would I - my feet and fingers are still numb a year after the end of chemo and I don't have much hope that it will improve.

Valued Contributor

I tried it. My doctor said it would not hurt me. I took it for about three weeks and gave up. It is supposed to take about four months to be effective, so I really didn't give it a chance. But I think once your nerves have been damaged they can't be repaired.  Don't expect the medical field to get behind a drug that works, look what they did to Hydroxychloroquine.

Honored Contributor

@KKWA wrote:

I tried it. My doctor said it would not hurt me. I took it for about three weeks and gave up. It is supposed to take about four months to be effective, so I really didn't give it a chance. But I think once your nerves have been damaged they can't be repaired.  Don't expect the medical field to get behind a drug that works, look what they did to Hydroxychloroquine.

@KKWA Newly diagnosed Diabetics, even patients who have had it for years can suffer nerve damage that can be repaired. If blood sugars run high for awhile, it can cause reversible neuropathy. The patient has to adhere to a strict diet in order to get better control and lower their A1C but there is hope. After 50 years of Type 1, I have come close to total remission of neuropathy. At one time, it was very painful...

Frequent Contributor

I've had neuropathy for about ten years. Nothing has ever helped me. I've given up hope. Once those nerves are damaged, I don't believe they can be repaired. I have it in both feet, and it's very painful with nothing ever helping. It's like I walk on two golf balls. And the tops of my feet burn and hurt. 

Neuropathy is just an awful thing to have. Now I just use Hempvana for the pain. It helps better than anything else, but not much really. 

Doctors have given up on it as much as I have. 

Honored Contributor

@febe2 wrote:

I've had neuropathy for about ten years. Nothing has ever helped me. I've given up hope. Once those nerves are damaged, I don't believe they can be repaired. I have it in both feet, and it's very painful with nothing ever helping. It's like I walk on two golf balls. And the tops of my feet burn and hurt. 

Neuropathy is just an awful thing to have. Now I just use Hempvana for the pain. It helps better than anything else, but not much really. 

Doctors have given up on it as much as I have. 

How and who diagnosed it?  I went to my reg physician who sent me to have a nerve conduction study and they did find one nerve damaged from my left knee down.  But I don't think it has anything to do with the pain in the bottom of my feet.  I have a variety of symptoms from numbness, pain, tingling and at times pain in certain toes.  It's getting worse. I don't sleep at night and wake up at 4 am.  Once I'm up and move around it's not so bad but I'm afraid I am going to fall.  I can't walk heel to toe.  I have to sway back and forth to maintain my balance

Respected Contributor
@Imtep, Sorry to hear of your struggles with the neuropathy. Walking with that pain & especially numbness is too dangerous. Could your doctor prescribed a walker or cane for you? I'm thinking that it might be covered with insurance/Medicare maybe? Take care & please be careful.🌈
Honored Contributor

@MOMMAVik wrote:
@Imtep, Sorry to hear of your struggles with the neuropathy. Walking with that pain & especially numbness is too dangerous. Could your doctor prescribed a walker or cane for you? I'm thinking that it might be covered with insurance/Medicare maybe? Take care & please be careful.🌈

I don't want a walker or cane.  That won't help me at night when trying to sleep.  Today I was carrying a plastic storage tub downstairs and my toe cramped so bad and shooting pain up the leg, I feel and landed at the bottom landing with the tub on top of me.  

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@MOMMAVik wrote:

I don't want a walker or cane.  That won't help me at night when trying to sleep.  Today I was carrying a plastic storage tub downstairs and my toe cramped so bad and shooting pain up the leg, I feel and landed at the bottom landing with the tub on top of me.  

🤔 I agree that a walker/cane will not help you sleep better! My suggestion was geared to helping you be more steady on your feet. Sounds like you had a dangerous situation on the stairs!  Have you been evaluated by a neurologist and/or a podiatrist?  Take care.