Frequent Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@MOMMAVik wrote:
@Imtep, Sorry to hear of your struggles with the neuropathy. Walking with that pain & especially numbness is too dangerous. Could your doctor prescribed a walker or cane for you? I'm thinking that it might be covered with insurance/Medicare maybe? Take care & please be careful.🌈

I don't want a walker or cane.  That won't help me at night when trying to sleep.  Today I was carrying a plastic storage tub downstairs and my toe cramped so bad and shooting pain up the leg, I feel and landed at the bottom landing with the tub on top of me.  

@rms1954 , You are the only person I've ever met or heard tell the same symptoms I have. I've also been worried about when my feet are so numb, I won't be able to drive b/c I won't "feel" the brake pressure. 

My neuropathy is with me 24 hours a day. My right foot and leg is worse. I'm very wobbly, too, b/c you can't feel your foot balance. Besides being "hot", my feet can turn cold, which is just as bad as hot.

I got Hempvana from the Q. You might want to try this. It doesn't make neuropathy lessen, but it helps a little with pain, burning and tingling.

I know many suffer with chronic pain, but neuropathy will bring you to your knees. Bless you.. 

Frequent Contributor

@froggy wrote:

Believe me, if it worked the medical community would be all over it.

And so would I - my feet and fingers are still numb a year after the end of chemo and I don't have much hope that it will improve.

I've never heard of anyone ever having any improvement. Along with both feet, I have it in both thumbs and a little bit in both index fingers. It's gotten worse over the years, starting with a little bit in both feet. I have it in my toes, too. They're just numb. My right foot is much worse than the left. Plus a weakness comes along with it.

I'm very into health and fitness. I work out every other day and always pay attention good nutrition. My weight and BMI are excellent. 

I'd love to ever hear of anything reversing neuropathy, except scammers selling supplements that don't work. 

Honored Contributor

@febe2 wrote:

@froggy wrote:

And so would I - my feet and fingers are still numb a year after the end of chemo and I don't have much hope that it will improve.

I've never heard of anyone ever having any improvement. Along with both feet, I have it in both thumbs and a little bit in both index fingers. It's gotten worse over the years, starting with a little bit in both feet. I have it in my toes, too. They're just numb. My right foot is much worse than the left. Plus a weakness comes along with it.

I'm very into health and fitness. I work out every other day and always pay attention good nutrition. My weight and BMI are excellent. 

I'd love to ever hear of anything reversing neuropathy, except scammers selling supplements that don't work. 

Diabetics can reverse their neuropathy with tight control. I have had Type 1 diabetes for 50 years and had neuropathy @febe2 when I was younger. The pain felt like electricity in my arms and legs. It was awful. I rarely if ever feel it anymore because I have very tight control now.

There is hope for diabetics.

Frequent Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@febe2 wrote:

@froggy wrote:

Diabetics can reverse their neuropathy with tight control. I have had Type 1 diabetes for 50 years and had neuropathy @febe2 when I was younger. The pain felt like electricity in my arms and legs. It was awful. I rarely if ever feel it anymore because I have very tight control now.

I don't think you had the same kind of neuropathy I'm speaking of. I'm not familiar with "electricity in my arms and legs." I think we're experiencing two different things. 

Honored Contributor

@febe2 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@febe2 wrote:

@froggy wrote:

I don't think you had the same kind of neuropathy I'm speaking of. I'm not familiar with "electricity in my arms and legs." I think we're experiencing two different things. 

Numbness and pain too but there are 3 types of neuropathy. I only posted because I didn't want the diabetics on this board to think of it as necessarily a permanent condition @febe2 .

Honored Contributor

@febe2 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@MOMMAVik wrote:
@Imtep, Sorry to hear of your struggles with the neuropathy. Walking with that pain & especially numbness is too dangerous. Could your doctor prescribed a walker or cane for you? I'm thinking that it might be covered with insurance/Medicare maybe? Take care & please be careful.🌈

I don't want a walker or cane.  That won't help me at night when trying to sleep.  Today I was carrying a plastic storage tub downstairs and my toe cramped so bad and shooting pain up the leg, I feel and landed at the bottom landing with the tub on top of me.  

@rms1954 , You are the only person I've ever met or heard tell the same symptoms I have. I've also been worried about when my feet are so numb, I won't be able to drive b/c I won't "feel" the brake pressure. 

My neuropathy is with me 24 hours a day. My right foot and leg is worse. I'm very wobbly, too, b/c you can't feel your foot balance. Besides being "hot", my feet can turn cold, which is just as bad as hot.

I got Hempvana from the Q. You might want to try this. It doesn't make neuropathy lessen, but it helps a little with pain, burning and tingling.

I know many suffer with chronic pain, but neuropathy will bring you to your knees. Bless you.. 

Well that's not the news I wanted to hear.  But thanks for the info.  I don't know if a foot doctor can determine if I have this but I am so tired of going from one dr to another and getting no answers.  I hate this.  My worse fear is becoming unable to get around and my independence means a lot to me.  I can't count on my husband ... I can't.  So I feel helpless.  

Frequent Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@febe2 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@febe2 wrote:

@froggy wrote:

Numbness and pain too but there are 3 types of neuropathy. I only posted because I didn't want the diabetics on this board to think of it as necessarily a permanent condition @febe2 .

@Trinity11 wrote:

@febe2 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@febe2 wrote:

@froggy wrote:

I understand, Trinity. 

Frequent Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@febe2 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@MOMMAVik wrote:

Well that's not the news I wanted to hear.  But thanks for the info.  I don't know if a foot doctor can determine if I have this but I am so tired of going from one dr to another and getting no answers.  I hate this.  My worse fear is becoming unable to get around and my independence means a lot to me.  I can't count on my husband ... I can't.  So I feel helpless.  

Yes, @rms1954, independence is important to all of us. I still walk a mile daily on my treadmill, where I can hold on and not worry about my balance. I also eat well, pay attention to my diet and weight. Try to have a strong immune system. I also do light resistance. The best thing is to stay as healthy as you can and keep moving. If you can't reverse or stop it, maybe you can slow it way down. 

I always keep in mind, there are many that have much worse and even more pain. Nobody goes through life with nothing. Take as good care of yourself as best you can, and that alone will help you feel better day by day. 

Everyone supports you and wishes you the best. 

Respected Contributor

When I have nerve pain on the top of my feet, I just put a Salonpas Pad on the hurting spot and it seems to help a lot for me.