Honored Contributor

Re: Need to start back with Magnesium supplements

I was taking a small amount of calcium, about 1,000 mg a day.  My doctor said I was taking too much and to cut it back.  It can effect heart functions.  I'm much older than most of you.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I take Andrew's Multivitamin and supplement with 400 mg. of Magnesium Glycinate. I have tried Magnesium Citrate but it gave me a bit of a loose bowel.  I take this apart from the multivitamin.

Super Contributor

I make my  own magnesium oil, using Ancient Minerals (it's kind of like epsom salts), put it in a spray bottle, and spritz it on after a shower.

Used transdermally, your body only takes what it needs, and there's no side effects of any sort. My neck and lower back are my worst problems, getting lots of muscle spasms due to old injuries, and the MO allows my muscles to relax so I can sleep better.

My ex pulled a muscle in his arm bowling once, I sprayed some on his arm, he noticed a difference immediately.

Trusted Contributor

@BetsyDoodle  I use a chelated magnesium product that works well for me.  I don't take  additional calcium beyond a women's daily.

Honored Contributor

@BetsyDoodle wrote:

It was my doctor that recommended the supplements to me a few years back.  I took them and then through all the hustle and bustle of life I stopped.  She just recommended I start them again.  She recommended either one of Andrew's products, i just wanted to know if his calcium is hard on your system like some other calcium supplements.

@BetsyDoodle

Your doctor recommended a specific brand?  Interesting. My doctors recommend by doesage, not by a specific brand, but hey!

My Hemoglobin was good for years, until it wasn't. Of course that relates to actual blood needed at a certain level, not for supplementation. Before I take any supplement, I want to see current blood numbers, not those from "a few years back". I currently take only 1 supplement and my doctor gave me the dosage, not a specific brand. 

I do get a B-12 shot every month, but that comes after a blood draw every 3 months. Personally do not believe in arbitrary supplementation, for me it seems like a waste of my hard earned money I could use for other things.

To each their own.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@BetsyDoodle wrote:

It was my doctor that recommended the supplements to me a few years back.  I took them and then through all the hustle and bustle of life I stopped.  She just recommended I start them again.  She recommended either one of Andrew's products, i just wanted to know if his calcium is hard on your system like some other calcium supplements.

@BetsyDoodle

Your doctor recommended a specific brand?  Interesting. My doctors recommend by doesage, not by a specific brand, but hey!

My Hemoglobin was good for years, until it wasn't. Of course that relates to actual blood needed at a certain level, not for supplementation. Before I take any supplement, I want to see current blood numbers, not those from "a few years back". I currently take only 1 supplement and my doctor gave me the dosage, not a specific brand. 

I do get a B-12 shot every month, but that comes after a blood draw every 3 months. Personally do not believe in arbitrary supplementation, for me it seems like a waste of my hard earned money I could use for other things.

To each their own.

hckynut

@hckynut

My doctor didn't recommend Andrew Lessman specifically, as I said on another reply  I printed off the labels and let her read the ingredients.  She recommended that I could get either of the supplements that I let her read.  I just was hesitant on the calcium because some calcium supplements hurt my stomach.  Wanted to know about calcium from Andrew Lessman

Honored Contributor

@BetsyDoodle

I see. Thank you for the details.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Most forms of magnesium are hard to absorb especially at the levels helpful to the body without getting the urge to use the bathroom which wipes out the benefits.

I happened onto the Magnesum miracle book on Amazon and found it at my library as a audio book.  I was so impressed I bought it on Amazon in paper back and also bought the liquid magnesium the doctor makes.

I had been taking Magnesium Glycinate and had little help to my problems I was taking it for. 

I started slow with the Remag the doctor makes adding 1/4 teaspoon to my two quart water jug in my refrigerator and then upping it  taking 1/4 tea twice a day with water in a shot glass letting it sit in my mouth absorbing sublingually then swallowing it.  Here is what happened after one week's use.

Heart palpatations stopped at night

Constant knee pain stopped like a switch had been turned off.

Feet and leg cramps stopped

tremors to the hand are remarkably better and I can now put on eye liner again.

If you look at the revews of ReMag most people buy it to stop or control Afib or lower blood pressure.

51HF+FWwikL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpgReMag-Magnesium-Liquid-Solution.jpgremag.JPG

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BetsyDoodle wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Self-diagnosing your need for supplements can be dangerous.  Before taking anything you should have a blood panel done by your doctor to determine what your deficits are, if any.

@BetsyDoodle  I use Andrew's calcium - magnesium intensive care, have to take two capsules at a time in order to get the 500mgs, and no more than 500mgs at one time as that is all the body can absorb at one time, but go to HSN and read the labels of each calcium supplement, it will enlarge for a person to read, and then decide.  The body needs calcium so if you aren't getting enough through food, then a supplement should be taken.  

Honored Contributor

@esmeraldagooch

I don’t use Dr. Dean’s brand, but I have taken ionic magnesium for years and wouldn’t be without it. It is a life-changer for most people who try it.