Respected Contributor

Normally, I use Norwegian Formula (Neutrogena) which you can get in any drugstore. However, if I have really chapped hands from being outside in the wet and cold, I use Lotil, which is a special British hand cream that repairs those little cracks overnight. I can't figure out how it works, but it does.

I don't like Occitane. I got a sample in the Beauty Tube, and it smells awful to me. I couldn't stand it on my hands. Right now, I'm just using Philosophy body butter (lemon) before I go to bed.

Honored Contributor
On 12/2/2014 pas4116 said:

This may sound greasy, but I have been using organic coconut oil on my hands and cuticles. It soaks in really fast, so does not feel greasy after a minute or so. My cuticles get very dry and cracked this time of year, and the coconut oil is making a huge improvement. It's also very inexpensive and has no nasty ingredients.

I have TERRIBLE PROBLEMS WITH PAINFUL, CRACKING, BLEEDING SKIN, and I'm always amazed at how much coconut oil can help. I massage it into my hands while I'm cooking with it (every day) then slatheron O'keefe's right before I go to sleep. So far only one crack, which I dabbed with rubbing alcohol, then did my coconut oil and O'Keefe's, and it healed much faster than usual.
Super Contributor
On 12/2/2014 Arley said:

I like Skinn on shophq!!! Very nice and not greasey!!!!

Arley

I like the skinn one too. Not greasy and it stands up to hand washing so I can reapply less
Esteemed Contributor

The Neutrogena Norwegian Formula worked much better for me than L'Occitaine which was a pleasant find. Also very good, is the Body Shop's Hemp Hand Protector and rivals L'Occitaine at a much better price.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Super Contributor

If you want an inexpensive hand cream that is nongreasy, feels fantastic, and works, try Wintersoft hand cream by Avon. It is part of their Skin So Soft line. It is seasonal, and goes fast...awesome stuff, and I've tried just about everything. I just checked, and they are out of just the hand cream, but they have it included in a 4-piece collection for the fantastic price of $9.99! That is a real steal! I'm going to order it myself because I haven't tried the other products in the collection.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Esteemed Contributor

I really like the Philosophy Hand Made. I had a gift card for $100 and I stocked up on it. It is the best I have ever used, for my skin type.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Udder Cream. Cheap and oh so good to the skin! I use it on my hands, feet, legs, arms, etc. It soaks in and isn't greasy.

Esteemed Contributor

What has really helped my dry hands this year so far has been using Amlactin lotion with glycolic acid and wearing gloves when I go out.

Honored Contributor

Skinn makes a good hand cream, but they came out with an oil called Collagenesis lipid infusion. The oil is really for the face, but I have been using it on my hands and they have never looked or felt as soft. In fact ,I think my hands look 10 years younger and I saw that difference almost immediately.

Esteemed Contributor

I also like l'Occitane. Go to L'occitane.com --- they have lots of products and sets. Today is the last day for Cyber Monday (if u purchase over $50, u get a $10 gift card and a FREE set of hand cream). Just make sure u qualify for free shipping.