Honored Contributor

Re: Need Help!!!Going for a Colonoscopy Friday!!

[ Edited ]

@BN MI

First thing you should do is call the doctor's office.

I doubt the plain yogurt will interfere with your procedure. Were it "cherry/strawberry" or 1 with RED in it? That might be a whole different outcome.

I have had 15 Colonoscopies and 5 Double Balloon Enteroscopies(same procedure but takes hours not minutes) for some of them. Have had to drink a gallon of Go/NuLytley with all 20 procedures, which equals 20 gallons. Managed to get all of them down, but the 3 in 1 week, was the most challenging. During that week all I could ingest was Apple Juice and Orange Jello, which meant my stomach was empty before drinking each gallon.

I am not one to get nervous about any medical procedure. For me it is a waste of my time and my energy and accomplishes nothing. I know for most, it is not that easy, but at least try to think and do other things to occupy your mind.

I hope all goes well for you tomorrow!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My test was at 9 AM and the day before I was allowed to have yogurt in the early afternoon.

Honored Contributor

I did the míralax prep as well. Much better than the solution. 

Yes, definitely call because you don’t want to get there for the procedure and be sent home. 

Respected Contributor

@BN MI wrote:

Please help! I think i just made a mistake and had plain yogurt.  I tought I could have that.  Getting ready to drink the solution at 4 or 6 p.m.  This is my second one- every five years.  I got sick on the last little bit of solution last time.  I'm really getting nervous to go in Friday am.  

Yes, you made a mistake.  No doubt about it.