Honored Contributor

Re: My nerves are so on edge

Thank you to everyone,  yesdterday i turned on the heat for a short time, to take the chill off,a tiny peice of his fur blew out, i lost it yet again, of course kept it, i do feel guility, even thinking of getting another, but  like i said i had 4 dogs ,7 yrears ago,now one .

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest   DH and I have lost 3 dogs over the course of 40 years.  We loved them all.  There are no kids at home and when we lose a pet, oh my the house is so quiet and we miss their companioship so much.

Within a few months we have always gotten another pet, but we never forget the ones we have lost.

We just cannot tolerate the quietness of the house and we love the joy that each pet has brought to us in their own unique way.

Valued Contributor

Oh, I understand.  

Not only is this a terrible time, you have had an awful loss on top of  it, making it even worse.

Losing your precious Spriit has taken a terrible toll on you.  I have lost 4 dogs, and each one took a piece of me with them.  My first Golden (true soul mate) has been gone for 22 years.  "Her song" was "Why", by Frankie Avalon.  I have always loved the oldies.  The other day, in the car I was listening to Sirius/XM 50's and it came on.  I had to pull over since I coulldn't see through the tears.

I have loved all of my Goldens and it has been heart-wrenching losing each one.  They all had "their' songs.  I cry when I hear any of them.

After we lost our last girl almost 3 years ago, I felt like I just couldn't get another dog.  My husband knew I needed one, and we did get our present girl a few month after.  I know I wasn't ready to deal with a puppy, but had to.  It made me have to function  and gave me a reason to keep going.  You might find a puppy wouuld bring life and joy into your home and give your dog a new"leash" on life.  It might be something to think about.

I wish you comfort and to realize others understand and have been or are now going through similar feelings.

Honored Contributor

I find myself, calling his name out when i am with cambridge,   i kept trying to go forward, but i miss him so much,

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.