Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Wow that was interesting. Never heard of that before. Guess I better butter up. LOL!!!

I can see this happening when you get older & you have problems bending down to apply lotion on your lower body. 

My skin is not that dry. I think taking 2 of Andrew Lessman Omega 3 fish oil every day helps. I hardly ever used to apply lotion. Now I try to use my Salux cloth & moisturize at least once per week. Guess I need to apply it more often.

Using a Salux cloth at least 3 x per wk to exfoliate before applying moisturizer....exfoliation is the answer....if you don't exfoliate and remove the dead cells ...forget it..then there is no use applying anything...because dead cells pile up like shingles on a roof....skin will begin to look sallow and greyish.....removing old cells allows new skin to form to the surface...Salux cloth is wonderful for scrubbing off old skin...buy online...but beware of knock-offs,,,get the real deal.

Honored Contributor

Re: Moisturize via: 🍠🥬🍊🌽🍏

@SilleeMee wrote:

Sounds like someone or more than one person has got interests in a skin care line in that article. There's more to cytokine biology than a simple explanation of dry skin as a possible cause for dementia. I sense a marketing ploy may be more like it.

@SilleeMee 

I drilled down to see who sponsored this study...

nothing in the text, but they did attach a chart noting a

particular lotion brand.

Me thinks you’re right. 

Respected Contributor

If you read the actual journal article, there is the following conflict of interest disclosure:

"Conflicts of interest:
PME and MQM serve as consultants to Neopharm, Ltd., South
Korea. An invention disclosure has been filed with the UCSF Office of Innovation,
Technology & Alliances for the concept of preventing/treating systemic disorders using
strategies that improve epidermal function."

The actual product they used is called Atopalm.  I have heard of it before.  It claims to restore and/or improve barrier funtion.  However the ingredients didn't look all that uniquie.
Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

If you read the actual journal article, there is the following conflict of interest disclosure:

"Conflicts of interest:
PME and MQM serve as consultants to Neopharm, Ltd., South
Korea. An invention disclosure has been filed with the UCSF Office of Innovation,
Technology & Alliances for the concept of preventing/treating systemic disorders using
strategies that improve epidermal function."

The actual product they used is called Atopalm.  I have heard of it before.  It claims to restore and/or improve barrier funtion.  However the ingredients didn't look all that uniquie.

That’s correct.  I didn’t want to mention the brand name in case it violated Community Guidelines, but this was part of the Supporting Information of the study:

82AA2906-BF0F-41C4-AB7E-57D3B81FCFC6.jpeg