Esteemed Contributor

My dog has been on this for a few years.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

good afternoon all.i have a question for you.my Dr prescribed meloxicam for hip pain.i had 2 xrays today.1 on thumb,which still is fractured and 1 on hip.she said there was no arthritis on hip and recommended I go to a sports dr.of course my ins has to agree to this.any feedback would be appreciated

@Luvsmyfam 

I didn't think Meloxicam was helpful at all, but some people report good results, so give it a try.   Like with many meds, this is a trial and error process for many of us.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam : My primary care doctor prescribed this for me. Definitely take with food. This  caused heartburn for me. I only take as need for the joint pain but it helps. I do not like taking a lot of medication but some days need help.

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam  I take Meloxicam as needed for knee pain.  I am interested in how you take Lunesta.  I am finding it difficult to get enough sleep.  Does it really help?  I know that I have seen the ads on tv, but I had no idea what it was for.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

well as for the lunesta,Lunesta, have not taken it yet.but when I do,I sure will let you know.i remember taking this yrs ago, and I had no problem with it,plus it worked!hope this info helps sxmgirl.btw,my insurance did not cover this,but with goodrx,I pd 9.95 out of pocket

Respected Contributor

well,I must say,this drug,meloxcam has helped me greatly.i have only been on this since thurs.after getting script home,I hurt so bad so I took 1.noticed a improvement a few hrs later.and yes both the dr and pharmacist said food is a must when taking

Super Contributor

I was on this for several years due to knee, hip or shoulder pain.  I am not exactly sure what the Ortho Dr. prescribed it for.  I felt great and was pain free.  My primary Dr.  told be it was keeping me from keeping my weigh maintained!!  I saw nothing about this here on the boards, so really wondering.  I did lose the 10 pounds I gained on the medicine after I came off.  I do have constant pain, which I am simply use to now.