Honored Contributor

I take it a few times a week or as needed for athritis in my right knee.  It really does help but one thing that I noticed is it doesn't work right away like aspirin.  It usually begins to work after a day or so.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 @Luvsmyfam  Yes meloxicam takes about a day to kick in.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@haddon9 @Luvsmyfam  Yes meloxicam takes about a day to kick in.

@Love my grandkids Thanks!  At first I thought that it was my imagination. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

After I retired from teaching and went to Dillards as a stylist, I didn't know the way to carry back the mountains of clothing left as I styled.  

I developed a sciatica nerve issue in my left hip.

After a chiropractor locked me down to where I could hardly walk, my dr. put me on a daily meloxicam and 1/2 pepsid.  He is very tall and took them too when I asked if they were "safe".

That was 9 years ago and I still am doing well.

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

I too should have mentioned to take this with food. It can be hard on your stomach, I've never had any issues as I take it with my breakffast. Maximum dosage for anyone is 15mg's. I started out on 7.5mg. I just thought I'd let you  know that before hand.

Respected Contributor

well I certainly appreciate all your replys.i hope this gives me some relief.my dr did say,use tynaol with this instead of ibphropine. You know,when a person just doesn't feel good,you look at the world in a different way.when you are feeling good,you embrace the beauty of this big old world

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam True. And I am only allowed to use tylenol NO ibuprophin due to my medical history.

Honored Contributor

I was prescribed Meloxicam for my bone on bone knees. It did help really well with the pain, but caused me problems on the way out.  My poor bottom was blistered and bleeding.  It took me a while to figure out the problem.  I thought I had hemorrhoids.

So now I take good old Advil...no problems with that drug.  

I have had problems with a lot of drugs.  The cure is often worse than the illness.

Everyone is different.  I hope it works for you.

Esteemed Contributor

My Dr prescribed it two months ago for pain and inflamation in my neck. I´ve only taken two since that time and I must say it worked. If I need it, I will take it.

Honored Contributor

I was prescribed a low dose of this for arthritic pain.  I take if very sparingly as I am concerned about side affects.  It does seems to help but I wouldn't take it regularly. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin