Respected Contributor

Just out of curiosity, of those who stated they take no medications: have you seen a doctor and/or get regular blood work?

I have a strong family history of hypertension on my dad's side. I was diagnosed at 32 years of age with this. As a side note: I was born with a fully developed right lung and only half a lung on the left. My parents never knew this until I had a routine chest x-ray for a government job at 18 years of age. It never prohibited me from doing anything athletic. Well, now, I have developed scar tissue. Never smoked and had bacterial pneumonia once.

Back to the OP question: yes for HTN and atrial fibrillation and I do take a statin drug. Better living through chemistry I say.

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing at 55. I refused osteoporosis meds. I have osteopenia. Sometimes I will use restatis.

I take a few Andrew Lessman supplements.

Respected Contributor
On 3/12/2015 culebra said:

I just finished taking 5 years of a strong cancer medication. I am now not taking any medications. I feel like my body is going back to normal.

You must be so happy to have that behind you. I wish you well as your body recovers from the medication regimen. Be well!

Frequent Contributor
Good day...yes I go to the doctor. Not often, but I do have good blood work, when it is checked. I am across the board healthy, I had an issue with costchontis a few years ago...its inflammation in the cartilage in the ribs. I do exercise but , I could stand to lose ten pounds. I don't smoke, don't drink, my bad habit is chocolate! I take tumeric and eat either broccoli or Brussels sprouts almost everyday! I swear by tumeric and green veggies! But I also do treat myself with cake ??. My heart goes out to anyone who is suffering from poor health. I am not saying people are bad for taking medication, or should be embarrassed, I was just wondering how many out there are on more than not.
Honored Contributor

I had to start taking daily prescription meds. as a teenager; currently at about a dozen different ones, at age 51.

You get what you get, from genes or whatever. And what doesn't kill you usually makes you pretty tough mentally. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

I am 67 and take 13 meds daily. I have a small pituitary tumor which throws just about everything off though. The blessed thing is you would never know it to look at me. Oh, and I feel good.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Believe me, I wish! And it has nothing to do with do this or not doing that. I simply in herited a few nasty genes, plus have epilepsy. I'm fortunate to have a drug to control that abnormal electrical activity in my brain. In another century, I'd be dead.

Super Contributor
On 3/12/2015 Gooday said:

Just out of curiosity, of those who stated they take no medications: have you seen a doctor and/or get regular blood work?

I have a strong family history of hypertension on my dad's side. I was diagnosed at 32 years of age with this. As a side note: I was born with a fully developed right lung and only half a lung on the left. My parents never knew this until I had a routine chest x-ray for a government job at 18 years of age. It never prohibited me from doing anything athletic. Well, now, I have developed scar tissue. Never smoked and had bacterial pneumonia once.

Back to the OP question: yes for HTN and atrial fibrillation and I do take a statin drug. Better living through chemistry I say.

I'm one who takes no meds and I do see a doctor regularly. I get regular blood work and it's always been good. Again, I've been blessed with good genes.

Super Contributor

I'm 52 and I only take synthroid. My parents take so many medications, my dad has excel spreadsheets to keep track. My sister's both have had health problems, so they take/have taken lots of meds. I sometimes feel guilty being the healthiest, but they're both married and I'm alone, so...healthy doesn't always mean happy.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm 55 and I didn't take anything until about 5 years ago. With my last Dr visit, I'm now up to 6 medications{#emotions_dlg.sad}

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines