Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,777
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Mandatory masks!

[ Edited ]

  Just like we require no one to smoke in public places...   I should not have to breath in smoke from YOUR cigarette....

 

We should require everyone wear a mask in public places....    I should not have to breath in your  droplets in the air.....  and possibly get infected by you.....

 

 It is something that needs to be made law until this virus is contained

 

I KNOW SOME PEOPLE WILL CLAIM MEDICAL ISSUES FOR NOT COMPLYING... but the majority of people could comply.

 

And I am mostly talking about stores....crowds....etc....not like  making you wear a mask walking your dog around the block. All stores should make people  comply to come inside to shop like Costco does. 

 

 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Posts: 884
Registered: ‎12-21-2010

...and it should be mandatory to wear face masks.

 

I read this morning an article that British Airways passengers are complaining about packed flights in Europe where passengers can be seens not wearing the "face attire"

 

Here's a photograph from a yesterday's flight to Amsterdam.

28795994-8354463-image-a-8_1590408582426.jpg

I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,633
Registered: ‎08-19-2014

  Though I certainly understand your point ,that would never fly in a free society.Establishments can require it as a condition of entry.But I doubt a blanket law like that could be enforced in general.

 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,777
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@Nicksmom wrote:

  Though I certainly understand your point ,that would never fly in a free society.Establishments can require it as a condition of entry.But I doubt a blanket law like that could be enforced in general.

 


@Nicksmom     how come it worked for cigarettes? That is a blanket law to save lives no different than complying to wear a mask to save lives

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,636
Registered: ‎11-21-2011

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Nicksmom wrote:

  Though I certainly understand your point ,that would never fly in a free society.Establishments can require it as a condition of entry.But I doubt a blanket law like that could be enforced in general.

 


@Nicksmom     how come it worked for cigarettes? That is a blanket law to save lives no different than complying to wear a mask to save lives


You can't smoke outside where you live?

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Posts: 751
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Mandatory masks!

[ Edited ]

In our county in Colorado we have mandatory masks in public...it started Friday....DW

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 40,969
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Our Governor in New Mexico has mandated that everyone wear a mask when outside unless exercising.  Enforcing it, however, is virtually impossible.  When there is no documented proof that masks are even effective, is it worth risking violent incidents and diverting police from other law enforcement duties in order to make people wear masks?  The public is very uncooperative where this issue is concerned.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Posts: 747
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Mandatory masks!

[ Edited ]

I don't see it happening since our administration doesn't seem to believe in its value.  However, I will only be doing business where they are requiring masks and thus, protecting their workers.  I've started buying groceries at a small organic market that has everything I need.  My dentist has implemented protections and I will go in for my appointment.  The business where I get my hair cut is requiring masks and I will go there -- just for a haircut, no other services.    I stopped at Starbucks and everyone was wearing a mask.  I had to stand at the door to order.  No entry to the store itself.  Outside, distances were marked and people who were waiting adhered to them.  The meatpacking plants didn't do jack****, except to complain about food shortages.  I will buy from local farmers at my organic market.  Actually, if I had known how much better their meat was, I would have done it long before this.   

 

I notice Ford motor company requires masks.  I think the best businesses will require it.  Germany was hit hard by the virus, but appears to be doing better economically because they kept their plants open.  They were able to do that because the businesses enacted strict protections for their workers.  We will find out who is the cream of the crop and they will get my business.  I don't think I will be alone.  In fact, last time I was there, I had never seen that market so busy!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,076
Registered: ‎05-22-2014

There are many laws prevalent in our free society.  We have to wear seat belts, right?  Children are required to get certain 

vaccinations, right?   Children are required to attend school up to a certain age, right?  You need licenses for many things, right?  Needed to keep safety and peace in a society that cherishes freedom.

 

 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,633
Registered: ‎08-19-2014

Re: Mandatory masks!

[ Edited ]

@pigletsmom wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Nicksmom wrote:

  Though I certainly understand your point ,that would never fly in a free society.Establishments can require it as a condition of entry.But I doubt a blanket law like that could be enforced in general.

 


@Nicksmom     how come it worked for cigarettes? That is a blanket law to save lives no different than complying to wear a mask to save lives


You can't smoke outside where you live?


 @pigletsmom  @SeaMaiden  You can't smoke in enclosed spaces like restaurants, bars, offices etc. You can smoke outdoors.

  Even in New York the Governor is asking that if you're within 6 feet of someone you don't live with,you wear a mask.He said himself there is no way to enforce it. Indoor places, however, can deny you entry if you don't.

  In my area most indoor establishments like markets,liquor stores,restaurants for takeout etc. will not let you in without a mask.