Respected Contributor

Re: Making Progress.....Bilateral THR

@hckynut wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

Our bodies always let us know, don't they?  Hang in there @BriggsiePeawiggle, it'll be a far off memory before you know it...wishing you many feel good days ahead🍂🌻🍂

@AKgirl2

A person's body always lets them know, but way too many either cannot, or will not listen. There would be many thousands less deaths if people not only listened to their body, but also acted, and the sooner the better.

In the above, I am not talking about rehab. Many people hear, but unfortunately instead of acting on what they hear, they convince themselves that "this too shall pass", and way to many do pass on.

When your body is screaming it to you, you would be wise to listen and to act. The sooner the better as many times I am talking minutes, not hours or days.

hckynut(john)

So many people hold back because of fear, no insurance, no money for doctors/tests/meds, not wanting to be a burden to family/friends.  It's so sad to think that the outcome can be so much worse for the person and all involved because of these reasons.  

Valued Contributor

You should not be carrying heavy loads of laundry or groceries  or anything heavy , Didn't your doctor give you a limit on the weightnyou are allowed to carry.Most doctors will say between 5 and 10 lbs

cathy from ma.

Valued Contributor

@twinkies, no sorry, that is not so. There were absolutely NO restrictions on this newer hip surgery. You are allowed to do anything that you can do that doesn't hurt. I have had the latest surgery with the latest hardware. No weight restrictions.

Valued Contributor

good to know , I have back issues and need a new shoulder so I guess thats why I got that advise. Thank goodness the doc didn't pick up my pocketbook . lol

cathy from ma

Valued Contributor

I was really fortunate that I was able to have the newer, anterior surgery. Since they don't cut through the side or back muscles, there is very little chance of disloaction of the new hip. As long as something doesn't hurt, I was able to do it. I am FINALLY getting to a point after my second replacement in May where I can just get out of my car and go into a store and walk around with no cane or any other aid and not be in pain. Instead of walking on the treadmill at PT this morning I just finished up there and drove to the local Kohl's and walked all over the store for a long time. I think I'm getting in more walking that way anyway, and it's more fun. Smiley Happy