Honored Contributor

I took this every day for years. It is PEG. PEG is now in everything. Some are developing allergies to PEG (a petroleum based product)

Some find it is VERY effective even when using a reduced dose.

i have switched to a supplement that is working, but may not be safe.

I' m hoping that coconut oil in small amounts will be useful.

For my system, no matter how much water, my system is dry.

Eating gluten-free is helping too. Less inflammation.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Loves to teach,  I too use coconut oil and it has really sped things up which surprised me.  I hope you are feeling better soon.

Honored Contributor

Do you guys ever try eating beans?I can never escape the wrath of a bowl of chili.

Respected Contributor

Re: MIRALAX users

[ Edited ]

The only two fiber products recommended to me by a gastroenterologist for daily use were Metamucil and Benefiber---both comprised of psyllium husk fiber.  It's easy to learn about this  by looking up psyllium on the internet. 

I was horrified when I had to drink a petroleum product as prep for a colonoscopy, but I did.  Glad that was a short-term thing.  For long-term maintenance and regularity, I swear by my daily dose of Benefiber dissolved in a glass of water.  Dissolves easily in liquid or solid food, has no taste and works  on a fairly regular daily schedule.  The doctor said he uses it every day himself.

I don't have any particular intestinal problems, so my doctor's advice might not work for someone else, though.

Trusted Contributor

A Lessman ProBiotics capsule taken once daily with a large glass of water is what I've been using to stay regular.