Respected Contributor

I quit smoking for several years already, been on a Q diet for about a month, and decided I need to shed a few pounds and I am not putting up with any of my silly excuses. 

Getting my food under control, hired a personal trainer who will guide me through my nutrition and exercise program.  It's something I need to do for myself.

I don't want to be one of those people who just sit, do nothing and eat and watch tv.  I want to be active, not getting any younger and slowly my pants and tops are a little tighter, I'm so tired and it's just time.

I started a written food log and WoW, day 1, my assigned calories are good but my instake of fats are not.  So used to point system from WW and now I'm tracking the carbs, proteins, fat and calories, what a difference.

Valued Contributor

Good for you it takes a lot of courage to do this. I admire you because I have yet to commit and I need to.

Honored Contributor

Go for it, @Just Bling!  I am gathering up steam to lose some weight that I regained.  

Respected Contributor

Good for you.  That is so awesome.  4 years ago I started walking and then went to running.  I lost a total of about 55lbs and I ran my 2nd half marathon last weekend. I am 48 and will be 49 this year.  I have never felt better.  Do it for you and for the people around you that want you around much longer.  You've got this.

Deb

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling  You're a very smart lady to make this commitment before you get any older.  Here's hoping you're able to keep on with your new routine and succeed. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling

Everything you've done and are doing is fantastic!!!  Be proud of yourself!

Keep at it, keep going, meet those goals.  You are one terrific lady!

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I quit smoking for several years already, been on a Q diet for about a month, and decided I need to shed a few pounds and I am not putting up with any of my silly excuses. 

Getting my food under control, hired a personal trainer who will guide me through my nutrition and exercise program.  It's something I need to do for myself.

I don't want to be one of those people who just sit, do nothing and eat and watch tv.  I want to be active, not getting any younger and slowly my pants and tops are a little tighter, I'm so tired and it's just time.

I started a written food log and WoW, day 1, my assigned calories are good but my instake of fats are not.  So used to point system from WW and now I'm tracking the carbs, proteins, fat and calories, what a difference.

@Just Bling

I have no idea what a "Q" diet might be, but I only use the word "diet" when quoting. That word is taken out of context and most assume it's definition is only to "lose weight", and that is not completely accurate. 

That aside, I think you are doing a great service to and for yourself by quitting smoking, for years now. Your new determination to control other aspects of your life should be encouraging to others that are still "thinking" about doing the same.

You didn't mention anything about your doctor checking your overall health, via blood tests or other simple procedures. That is never a bad idea also.

Always like reading about people taking control of their lives and not letting food or inanimate objects "tobacco" control it. 

Best to you on your quest for making you feel much better, and also feeling better about yourself.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Good Luck,

Image result for good luck with life style change images

Honored Contributor

Re: Life Changing Decision

[ Edited ]
Congratulations! You are on the way. First and foremost! Decision. Gaining control of lifestyles be it Food Shopping Exercise. Life changing! Reading your post hear the conviction and makes me smile. Felt same several months ago using food successfully went from 18 to 12 changed my attitude. Moved from area isolated from life and stopped impulse shopping. Never to late to change course.
Honored Contributor

Wow that's fantastic @Just Bling. I envy anyone who can do what you are doing and I wish you all the luck in doing so! I have to say that I've made many life-changing things in my past, all for the good, and in the end they all have made such a big difference in my quality of life. It's a journey for sure.Smiley Happy