Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@EskimoGirl wrote:

@Pook  Yes, that is what I thought too - how come I feel nothing?! I was standing on the unit. Do you keep knees straight or with a slight bend?  I just was surprised that it wasn't hard for me.  Maybe I should order one and try again?

If you are standing straight your knees should automatically be straight.  It really is not possible to stand straight with any bend in the knees without putting a strain  on both your back and knees.

@Pook @EskimoGirl   Maybe instead of straight the word should be “locked.”  Do you do it with your knees locked. I would say no. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

I put a plastic jar on each end of my old one to shorten the glide.

I think it makes a difference.  You do not actually feel the core muscles working, but I think it helps.

@Zhills   Do you anchor the jars somehow?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Re: Leg Master?

[ Edited ]

@esmerelda wrote:

@Pook wrote:

@EskimoGirl wrote:

@Pook  Yes, that is what I thought too - how come I feel nothing?! I was standing on the unit. Do you keep knees straight or with a slight bend?  I just was surprised that it wasn't hard for me.  Maybe I should order one and try again?

If you are standing straight your knees should automatically be straight.  It really is not possible to stand straight with any bend in the knees without putting a strain  on both your back and knees.

@Pook @EskimoGirl   Maybe instead of straight the word should be “locked.”  Do you do it with your knees locked. I would say no. 

My knees are naturally straight the whole time so I guess I would say locked in a straight position.  I can't even do it without my legs not being completely straight.    

Honored Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

You must be in excellent shape if you didn't feel anything.  You are standing on it, not sitting on a chair?

This thing is surprisingly difficult on first try for most.  I could only do 15 seconds.  Although, only one minute daily is required, I'm up to 5 minutes every other day.  I wanted to tone my muscles, not build muscles, so I don't use it every day.

I have the larger version and yes, it works for me.  It has toned my thighs, abdomen, buttocks, entire midsection.

@Foxxee Do you do your five minutes consecutively, or broken up throughout the day?  TIA 😊

@BExplorer 

I try to do as many minutes as I can at one time.  It's funny, sometimes only a minute at one time and feel like I'm going backwards, but then  other days, 2 or more minutes at a time, but get that 5 minutes in.  I am pushing for straight 5 minutes, though.  

Trusted Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

You must be in excellent shape if you didn't feel anything.  You are standing on it, not sitting on a chair?

This thing is surprisingly difficult on first try for most.  I could only do 15 seconds.  Although, only one minute daily is required, I'm up to 5 minutes every other day.  I wanted to tone my muscles, not build muscles, so I don't use it every day.

I have the larger version and yes, it works for me.  It has toned my thighs, abdomen, buttocks, entire midsection.

@Foxxee Do you do your five minutes consecutively, or broken up throughout the day?  TIA 😊

@BExplorer 

I try to do as many minutes as I can at one time.  It's funny, sometimes only a minute at one time and feel like I'm going backwards, but then  other days, 2 or more minutes at a time, but get that 5 minutes in.  I am pushing for straight 5 minutes, though.  

Thanks @Foxxee , it sounds like you are doing great!  I do several one minute intervals throughout the day and those are challenging for me😑.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Occasional Contributor

@Pook ok, so you are saying not to have a slight bend in the knees?  Keep them straight, or locked?  That may be the reason why on some of the reviews people said they had knee pain then?     Thank you for all your info too!  It's helping me to decide what to do.

Honored Contributor

Re: Leg Master?

[ Edited ]

@EskimoGirl wrote:

@Pook ok, so you are saying not to have a slight bend in the knees?  Keep them straight, or locked?  That may be the reason why on some of the reviews people said they had knee pain then?     Thank you for all your info too!  It's helping me to decide what to do.

Having even slightly bent knees probably would cause knee pain as it is an unnatural movement with this.  I don't think the back could stay straight either thus causing back isssues and the core especially wouldn't tighten.  Also, you need core muscle strength and upper leg muscles to do this.

Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@Zhills wrote:

I put a plastic jar on each end of my old one to shorten the glide.

I think it makes a difference.  You do not actually feel the core muscles working, but I think it helps.

@Zhills   Do you anchor the jars somehow?

No.  They have bars around them, they don't move.