Honored Contributor

I watch a popular YouTuber, “Mommy Tang”, who is vegan & Korean...

and she constantly eats the brand Mother In-Law’s kimchi

with everything.  She buys it for convenience but she’s made

cucumber kimchi, water kimchi...and her hands are always stained red!  

I got some...it’s good, but it’s a pinch too high in sodium for my tastes.

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden   My husband had some Kimchi and rice tonight for his meal, he loves it. It is something he eats every now and then, not every week. I have never acquired the  taste but love fresh cabbage. and will very occassionally eat sour kraut. I do not do well with very spicy food.

Many years ago my husband was stationed in Korea, guess that is where he learned to like it. 

Honored Contributor

We go to a Korean restaurant where they bring it out with the salad.  It wasn't for me.

Honored Contributor

I love kimchi.I bought the Costco brand and that container is huge.I wonder how long it keeps.I really love the homemade kimchi that a Korean lady once gave me but I at half of the jar and later that night...omg what a stomach!

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I love kimchi.I bought the Costco brand and that container is huge.I wonder how long it keeps.I really love the homemade kimchi that a Korean lady once gave me but I at half of the jar and later that night...omg what a stomach!

@dex  I just bought mine at Costco yesterday.  It has a best used by date of Mid April.  Look on the  container on the front label... that is where the date was on mine in white lettering. You really have to look for it!

Honored Contributor

I have tried it a few times, thinking maybe I just got some bad stuff the first time or two.

Nope, they all stink to high heaven.  I just can't get past the smell.

It's great prebiotic food, though, if you like it!