Honored Contributor

Re: Keto Coffee creamer that actually Tastes Good? 😋

@Starpolisher wrote:

Can anyone recommend a Keto friendly coffee creamer that actually tastes GOOD? So far, I've tried, almond milk(don't like any of the nut milks), Califia Farms keto creamer, Premier Protein(vanilla flavor) and Dr. Colbert's MCT oil creamer in French vanilla. Didn't like any of them! I like my coffee light. I'd always used and liked Walmart's  Great Value brand of french vanilla creamer but it contains sugar. ***Please, no bashing about whether or not to Keto diet.*** TIA! Starr

@Starpolisher @McCormick PURE VanillaExtract is keto friendly. You could add it to heavy cream if you don't find something else you like.

Valued Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

I've been saving these recipes to try. 

Coffee Creamer

Ingredients:

• 1 can coconut milk
  • ½ cup heavy cream
  • 20 to 30 drops liquid Stevia (to taste)

Directions:

Combine and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container or sealed jar. Makes about 2 cups.

Flavored Options:

• Vanilla:
    • 2 Tbsp vanilla extract

• Pumpkin Spice:
    • 1 Tbsp cinnamon
    • 1 tsp nutmeg
    • ½ tsp ground cloves
    • ¼ tsp ground ginger

• Peppermint Mocha:
    • 2 tsp peppermint extract
    • 2 Tbsp cocoa powder

• Snickerdoodle:
    • 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
    • 1 Tbsp cinnamon
    • pinch of sea salt

Thank you for sharing these recipes.All the items I probably could  get in my local supermarket,just not sure about the stevia drops but could order online as I have  seen on HSN a set of flavor ones which could replace the spices, I do crave a flavor to my morning coffee.

I would only  just add to  these recipes liquid MCT oil to my coffee cup  as I  have been using MCT powder as it helps with cravings and brain fog. I have brought many MCT flavor  powders during my intermittent fasting but that can become pricey,but it does work.

Trusted Contributor

@Mimi NY  Stevia is sold in our grocery store, which also has a large health section, too. But I’ve also ordered them online as I like a variety for various things. 

If you end up trying it I hope you like it. I think I’m ready to try it. There certainly are several options! 

Honored Contributor

It’s very hard to find a commercially made keto cream that’s truly keto.  So many are labeled keto but the ingredients are another story. I do an 18:6 IF schedule so mornings are coffee only for me. I add MCT oil to my coffee because it doesn’t break a fast.  Sometimes I’ll use a powdered version.  Later in the day I’ll use HWC. I’ve also resorted to buying flavored coffee grounds rather than getting flavored creamers. The creamer recipe posted sounds really good though.  

Honored Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

@Starpolisher     Forgot to mention that Walmart carries a sugar free version of the French Vanilla creamer.  Don't know if that is an option for you.

edited to clean up format debris

@PinkyPetunia 

That one is my favorite .... and I've just found a new, interesting  recipe I am going to try .... will post it later tonite.

Trusted Contributor

Hmmm... that 👆looks a little familiar. 🤔 

Respected Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

I just use real Half & Half in my coffee.  It is just a small amount in 1 or 2 cups a day.  How much can that add up to?  

Those creamers taste phoney to me whether it contains sugar or is sugar free.  The oat or soy creamers are horrible IMO.  

Same here.  I think there is 1gram per tablespoon.  I don't fuss over that.

Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

Can anyone recommend a Keto friendly coffee creamer that actually tastes GOOD? So far, I've tried, almond milk(don't like any of the nut milks), Califia Farms keto creamer, Premier Protein(vanilla flavor) and Dr. Colbert's MCT oil creamer in French vanilla. Didn't like any of them! I like my coffee light. I'd always used and liked Walmart's  Great Value brand of french vanilla creamer but it contains sugar. ***Please, no bashing about whether or not to Keto diet.*** TIA! Starr

@Starpolisher 

I think the Walmart's no sugar French Vanilla is really a step above.   Liquid  International Delights and Coffee Mate brands seem too "watery" compared to it.   

Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher Yesterday a video popped up on my Facebook feed from Wholesome Yum.  It was a recipe for making flavored creamers.  Just wanted to tell you so you could look for it. I plan on trying it one of these days. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

It’s very hard to find a commercially made keto cream that’s truly keto.  So many are labeled keto but the ingredients are another story. I do an 18:6 IF schedule so mornings are coffee only for me. I add MCT oil to my coffee because it doesn’t break a fast.  Sometimes I’ll use a powdered version.  Later in the day I’ll use HWC. I’ve also resorted to buying flavored coffee grounds rather than getting flavored creamers. The creamer recipe posted sounds really good though.  

@JeanLouiseFinch 

If you don't mind me asking .... what is that?