Honored Contributor

Re: Jane Fonda partners with Evine

Many young men died in Viet Nam. They never even had a chance ,to really become adults

While I don't hate her , I also never will discount the feelings, of those who lost someone, who were POW'S, and those who had to serve, many unwillingly, losing limbs, suffering from PTDS. They were treated like dirt when they came home, and Jane fostered a lot of this.

Emotions are a powerful thing, and I will never get over the picture of Jane, seated on an enemy anti aircraft gun ,designed to shoot down my fellow Americans..

I forgive her , but it will never be out of my minds eye, I can't forget what I saw her do. She owns it, she did it

Good luck to her, but I won't spend a penny buying whatever she sells

Esteemed Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

geeze that was over 40 years ago. can anyone here say that they never made a poor judgement in their youth?

since that time she has done many many good things for the community and supported some fine causes.  i'm sure when she's dead, some will be happy about it.  

she could discover the cure for cancer, and some would still talk poorly of her.   time to stop the hating.

Someone should tell Jane Fonda that.

Honored Contributor

Lifestyle brand...definitely!

She’s an amazing guide for fitness/mobility for not

just the demographic of her age but for everyone.  

I remember putting on my Jane Fonda album back in the day.

Good for her.  Wears many different hats.

I’m sure her line will do very well.

5E3FDB27-62A9-4923-A652-B0F191E07BEA.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Definitely will not be watching!

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

I did not realize those tapes I bought helped her causes.  I just remember putting in her tape daily starting back in 1983 while my newborn son took his nap to get off the weight.  Did it five days a week for a long time.  I remember when she did one where she was not the lead person but did the lower impact version.  I felt bad for her because she had slowed down, now that would be my version of aerobics too.  Time marches on for us all.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Treasonous acts just aren’t forgotten no matter how famous

Respected Contributor

MustangShar, we'll see if you feel the same way in the near future when the shoe is on the other foot.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Good for her.  A few years ago she was due to appear on QVC, who folded under the weight of those who cried out about her actions of decades and decades ago, some of which were legitimately questionable but some of which were misrepresented then and continue to be misrepresented now. I doubt she needs the revenue, but I hope her affiliation with Evine is successful. 

ITA. Jane suffered for 35 years with Bulimia. Maybe knowing that will make her detractors feel better.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I loathe this woman with every fiber of my being.

I do remember Vietnam; my working class neighborhood had been full of young men who didnt go to college and have a deferment. 

In particular 2 brothers, both severly injured, missing eyes and 1 limb each. I played with those boys and knew their family.

And they were the ones who returned.

Respected Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Good for her.  A few years ago she was due to appear on QVC, who folded under the weight of those who cried out about her actions of decades and decades ago, some of which were legitimately questionable but some of which were misrepresented then and continue to be misrepresented now. I doubt she needs the revenue, but I hope her affiliation with Evine is successful. 

ITA. Jane suffered for 35 years with Bulimia. Maybe knowing that will make her detractors feel better.

Somehow Jane's bulimia doesnt make me like her or feel for her.

I feel for the Zier brothers.