Honored Contributor

Re: Jane Fonda partners with Evine

Does the world really need another line of fitness clothes, etc? From anyone?

Regular Contributor

and treasonous acts are suppose to be followed by prision...

Honored Contributor

Guess my other post did not pass the Community  Standard test. Said I was friends with her brother Peter when he was going to college here, but guess I shouldn't have mentioned my feelings about Jane.  Oh well, just a post not really having anything to do with any specific person's health or fitness. More of an advertisement for her and Evine.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@cherry

My brother was in the Marines fighting in VN when JF was doing her thing there.

She's "on my list."

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA  I will tell you of our families experience with Jane...My cousin who is quite a bit older than I am, was a Major serving a tour of duty in Nam. He was a very devout guy. He had spent some time in a seminary, descerning for the priesthood. He decided it wasn't for him, and became a career soldier instead. He was married and the father of two boys

He always remained devout ,and practiced his faith. While in Nam, he met a Catholic priest that ran an orphanage. They became friends.  Keith, and a companion, had just delivered some supplies to the orphanage, and on the way back  home ,they were shot down. If it weren't for the gentleman with him, he would have choked to death on his partial plate

Keith spent months in Walter Reed on a Stryker(sp) frame bed. He had a fused ankle and back injuries. He and his companion were lucky, they lived

I will always wonder if the anti air craft gun, Jane so happily/ willingly perched herself on, was the one that shot down my cousin?

I have forgiven her ,but I would cross the street , to avoid her,if I saw her coming

Honored Contributor

That surprised me.  I just never thought of Jane Fonda hawking products on a shopping channel.  Good grief, she's 80 and wealthy and famous and employed.  But I suppose them money is good.

Respected Contributor

Would never support anything she does.  Had it not been for her powerful father I believe she would have been tried and convicted as a traitor to our country.  

Honored Contributor

In regard to Jane.....How quickly we forget. The media was full of anti-war messages and the country was in turmoil. There was a general disregard for our Vets and it was a climate of unrest. I still remember an exceptionally offensive film where Barbra Streisand blew up the Statue of Liberty. Many came out against the war, not just Jane. Countless protests were held in my own community. I was a senior in high school at the time. We marched and marched to put an end to a senseless war that we had no business being involved in.

She apologized and it's over but what she did was clearly unacceptable. However, there are countless other things that went on during that time that we choose to ignore.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The positives I'll say about Jane is that she was always somewhat talented in her acting, and she remains a very physically attractive woman. She must have the best cosmetic surgeon in the world, and she has obviously taken good care of herself. 

I'm not gullible enough to believe that whatever products she'll be hawking will do one thing for my health or appearance, though. So even if I admired her stance on issues, past or present; I wouldn’t be interested in her product line. 

Respected Contributor

Evine must  expect her to sell a lot of exercise equipment, maybe they are bolder than QVC with their programming. Are they the channel that has an after dark program selling personal pleasure products?