Trusted Contributor

Re: It's time; I just ordered 6 handmade masks

@Snoopp, okay, thanks! My BFF made me 6 masks but I didn't know if there was something special about the masks on Etsy. I was going to jump on the bandwagon, LOL!!
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I went to etsy and ordered two masks , So I am all set for now.

UPDATE....I am STILL waiting for my masks to come that I ordered on April 3rd....Suppose to have arrived by today... did not....so hopefully a Monday or Tuesday... 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I won't wear one until someone can convince me they do any good.  I heard a doctor say wearing anything other than the N95 mask, is like trying to stop a flooding dam with a chain link fence.  Compared to bacteria, the holes in fabric are huge.

The CDC says up to 25% of people can be carriers and will never have symptoms.  Any sniffle, blowing the nose, surprise sneeze, cough, or even talking, can release a drop of spittle into the air.  Masks may not completely protect you but they do help to stop carriers from infecting others.  Why would you take a chance of infecting, and possibly killing, someone?  

Honored Contributor

Masks don't protect you 100% but they do help you keep from infecting others.  It's not all about me.

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

DH and I went to our local hospital yesterday and all nurses had on handmade masks. 

My sister works in a hospital on several floors including the covid-19 section.  The hospital refused to provide masks to employees because their supply is so low.  They have to work without one or bring their own.