Honored Contributor

I have a very weakened immune system and my doctor wants me to start weekly or bi weekly Gammagloublin infusions called SubQ, this is something I should be able to do by myself and it will strengthen my system and my doctor will be less worried about me re entering the world when it happens.

Has anyone every done something similar

Thanks all 

Stay well and be safe

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Yes I have done this type shot twice a day, although for a different purpose.  Not sure what type of volume you may be using.

It can be done, but you will need to be sure your mind can cope with it.  I remember standing there trying to get up my nerve to stick it in.  It was easy to watch after it was in.  The bruising can be discouraging.

It would be much better than a doctor visit at this time.  Safe at home and all that.

Best of luck.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining 

It is not a shot it is Subcutaneous infusion, and it would otherwise be done at the Cancer Center of my local hospital.

It is done with a series of needles in several sites on your body 

I was not able to find a photo of the machine used

@Still Raining wrote:

Yes I have done this type shot twice a day, although for a different purpose.  Not sure what type of volume you may be using.

It can be done, but you will need to be sure your mind can cope with it.  I remember standing there trying to get up my nerve to stick it in.  It was easy to watch after it was in.  The bruising can be discouraging.

It would be much better than a doctor visit at this time.  Safe at home and all that.

Best of luck.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox Oh my I wish you all the very best. Can you contact your doc's office and have them email you more info and photos? Take care and be well.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

I hope things work out for you. The only thing I have done many times is give myself Lovanox shots every 12 hours. Did this for 45 days to keep my INR/ProTime in an acceptable and safe range. Those shots gave my Abs a rainbow of colors!  😁

Never had your type of Infusions, as we talked about in another post awhile back. Only Iron Infusions for me and the 100+ blood transfusions.

My best to you with this, hopefully it can be figured out.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids 

Thank you but I do not need more info, I know many people that do this on a regular basic.

I will be trained to be able to administer this to myself 

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@I am still oxox Oh my I wish you all the very best. Can you contact your doc's office and have them email you more info and photos? Take care and be well.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox OK. Didn't mean to offend. Glad you will be trained to do this.

Having had a lot of chemo infusions myself, I wish you the best.

Honored Contributor

Re: At home infusions

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

I have a very weakened immune system and my doctor wants me to start weekly or bi weekly Gammagloublin infusions called SubQ, this is something I should be able to do by myself and it will strengthen my system and my doctor will be less worried about me re entering the world when it happens.

Has anyone every done something similar

Thanks all 

Stay well and be safe

@I am still oxox 

I know someone who does this. It took some adjustments at first to find the right amount but she says it has helped her a lot, has been very beneficial. 

I will keep you in my prayers that it works for you, too.

Honored Contributor

I've injected Forteo and Lovenox under the skin and I've been doing IV infusions of clotting factor at home since the 90's. Not the same stuff you're doing, but none of it that I've done is terribly hard and pretty quickly becomes routine.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!