Esteemed Contributor

It's time; I just ordered 6 handmade masks

[ Edited ]

It's starting to become a theme that face masks may soon be recommended for all.  Got mine from Etsy (before those go way up).  My Son works in fast food at Subway...

Valued Contributor

Re: It's time; I just ordered 6 handmade masks

Good idea.

I have felt, from the beginning of tihs, that everyone should be wearing a mask....for the protection of others and for what even minimal protection it offers the wearer.

Honored Contributor

I've been wearing masks since the beginning of flu season.  I didn't pay those folks any mind about masks not needed when the virus hit.

I was lucky because I stockpiled every time I went inside a CVS or Wallgreen store during flu season.

I'm out & about as needed & to date not symptomatic.  Not even a sniffle.  So either the masks is working, helping and/or I am a carrier (Typhoid Mary).  No testing in my area yet.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

It has been reported that most people do not know how to properly put the mask on and that a person touches their face to much when putting it on...

Honored Contributor

I won't wear one until someone can convince me they do any good.  I heard a doctor say wearing anything other than the N95 mask, is like trying to stop a flooding dam with a chain link fence.  Compared to bacteria, the holes in fabric are huge.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

If I were sick and had to go out, I would consider wearing a mask.  But I see no reason to do so if I'm healthy (so far).  As others have pointed out, I don't think a mask really helps prevent getting sick.  But if it makes you feel better mentally, go for it.

Esteemed Contributor

DH and I went to our local hospital yesterday and all nurses had on handmade masks. 

Honored Contributor

I guess If it makes you feel better, it doesn't hurt. As for me I wore a mask every day of my work life in the OR, and I'm in no hurry to wear one again, unless it's considered necessary. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I got out my sewing machine this morning (which I haven’t used in several years) and followed a tutorial on YouTube to make a homemade mask.  It came out really good.  I forgot how therapeutic sewing is! 

Valued Contributor

Theortically, wearing masks could keep the virus from being spread by asymptomatic carriers.