Honored Contributor

Re: Interesting How the Mind Works!

@Annabellethecat66, check back in with us when you are up to it. I rarely eat breakfast, but once they tell me I have to be NPO after midnight, all I think about is food! 😮

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@hckynut @qualitygal OK, I made it back home!  What a production line!  

OK, so I got a call last night to come in instead of 1:15 come in 12:15.  So, I called my daughter and we got there at about 11:50AM, now pay attention here!

So, I signed in and about 20 minutes later she put the band on my arm, I signed my life away and told them I was Catholic (doesn't that always make you feel great?)  Ha!  

My daughter and I figure "Wow....Here we go!"  NO!....we sat back down.  The a little while later I got sent to the back and put on the gown...then my daughter came back.  In and out people came into my little curtain drawn room (I could hear that the large room was filled with patients having the same thing).

Time goes by and my daughter (who has 4 children still in 4 schools) tells me she is getting texts from all of them (and her husband who's TRYING to work from home with the 3 year old boy) going crazy.....there's always a crisis!  Ha!

Keep moving forward.......I won't bore you with anymore but I will say that I finally went in to the have the procedure at 4:00.  Yepper, 4:00!  I asked if there were emergencies, she said, "No", just busy.  The Dr leaves for a 2 week vacation and he's trying to get as much done as he can."

It took 15 minutes and I was back home by 5:20.  What a day!

I drove my friend when she had her's and she complained because she had to wait 45 minutes!  Ha!

It is what it is right?

Oh!  So, if I got asked once I must have been asked maybe 4 (at least) times how I was able to avoid coming in for this thing at the age of 70!  Good grief!  I said, "I wouldn't be in here now except I'm a Mom, I love my daughters more than anything.  They lost their Dad and since I had the Diverticulitis attack they are constantly worried.  I never want them to worry about me.  This is one thing I can do so they don't worry."

I admit was feisty because I wasn't able to take my arthritis medicine for days before (remember my bum knees?) and to me that was the bad part of all of this.  Laying on that hard table for so long waiting caused my back to go 'crazy'.

Here's something that really bothers me.  He TOLD my daughter (I never saw him again) that my gut is 'inflamed' but it looks OK.  So, I'm wondering just what in the HAY did my gut feel after he ran that scope around all 6 ft of it!  I always knew it wasn't quite right because my daughter has Crohn disease and the Dr said probably either my husband or I did.  We knew he didn't so......

Anyway @hckynut John I adore you.  I appreciate you sharing with all of us everything you've been through.  While I was laying on that bed waiting to get poked I told people I know someone (sorry, I said I know you) who has had over 20 of these things!  It reset my attitude on my arthritis pain John!

If I could make suggestions to this Drs staff I would say, "Stop telling people you'll see them again and they'll be back to have more".  That's not something someone wants to hear.

That's kind of like telling a woman who's just popped out a baby, "Guess what!  You're pregnant again".  Ha!

Love you guys.  So now you don't have to hear about me and THIS medical issue.  Stay tuned I'm sure there's more to come.  

Don't you guys wish I had a life instead of coming here and boo hooing?

Is this called 'over-sharing'?  

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, glad you stopped in to let us know how it went. Catch up on Y&R when you are up to it, so we can chat. Today's episode wasn't all that memorable. 

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate  Go over there I just posted...you are right...it's boring....I used my FF button on the old Xfinity changer!

Esteemed Contributor

Annabellethecat, I am proud of you for going for the colonscopy.  I had diverticulitis, spent a total of 18 days in the hospital, 3 times, 4 days, then 6 then 6 again and came home on antibiotic IVs for 14 days.  My doctor told me a colonoscopy was a MUST at this point.  I'll let you read the rest under wellness "What did you do."  Glad you had a better outcome.

Honored Contributor

I, for one, am glad that you like to share, @Annabellethecat66.  IMO, the boards are better sometimes to tell all that you want to share because of the autonomous status that we all have.  

I guess I was lucky that both of my colonoscopies were first thing in the morning.  Home by noon.  As I was being wheeled in for my first procedure, I remember mentioning to the doctor and others that I couldn't be on my back too long and that they should be careful of my knee.  Oh, I was ful of instructions lol.  They probably flopped me aroun 

I'm glad that you're alright and hope that inflammation thing is just par for the course of a 69 y.o.  I'll be there in a couple of months myself, God willing.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I think my diabetes assures me an early morning appointment.  Who knew there could be a benefit to that?

The recommendations are that routine colonoscopies should be stopped at age 70 or 75.  More possible harm than benefit.