Honored Contributor

Some great tips so far, and here's another:  o.t.c. hydrocortisone cream.

HC is specifically for itchiness, but also helps inflammation.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

Some great tips so far, and here's another:  o.t.c. hydrocortisone cream.

HC is specifically for itchiness, but also helps inflammation.

Hi JSS!    ITA!  That is a "staple" in our house.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

Hi everyone!    The bite is fine now.   I got some Cortizone 10 cream as the phamacist recommended.  It took about 4 days to have the itch go, but the swelling was there for 24-48 hours.    It really scared me at first.   It was in such a place on the hand that I felt it all the time.

I also used rubbing alcohol and vinegar soaks too.

Why so many "inappropriate" comments here that that had to be removed? A bug bite?   Is that controversial?    

Thanks to all for your advice and support.

Honored Contributor

If you experienced a severe allergic reaction, anaphalaxis, you would no by now. If you have itching and stinging pain, but have no other problems than cortisone cream might help. You can get an infection, especially from a fire ant bite so watch for any signs. You can clean the area using water and can apply antibiotic ointment with numbing agent in it. Neosporin with lidocaine is an example. It's fine to pour a little peroxide on the bite and let the area dry before applying.