Honored Contributor

Re: I can;t get back to where I was

@sophiamarie wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Why on earth are you on here with us instead of calling the doctor??????

Why are you scolding her?  She isn't posting incessently FHS.  She's hardly ever here and is scared.  She lives alone, has a son who does things for her at HIS convenience, whenever he comes over.  He takes her to the doctor when HE feels like it.  

She is blind in one eye and has a cataract in the other.  Apparently, her insurance plays a big part in what happens.  I didn't wait for a doctor to tell me I needed cataract surgery.  I told him I couldn't see well and he said it was because I needed to have my cataracts removed.  They were done two weeks apart and I was able to see clearly the VERY NEXT DAY.  I don't understand people who are telling her horror stories.  That's the last thing she needs to hear.  If you can't say anything positive, then don't say anything.  There are some people who are very fragile and I think the OP is one of them.

She is doing the best she can under the circumstances.  She is not very astute when it comes to medical issues, from what I know of her.  

I think we should try to be positive and not tell her all the things that could go wrong.  Save all the drama for another thread.   Leave the negatives for the doctors to tell her.  She'll get information and will be advised on what to do at the right time.  She doesn't needs any more grief than she's getting at home.  She said her husband died last year, so she only has one son - and apparently he's calling the shots.

I hope she gets her surgery soon and comes back with a good report and a good eye.

Beautifully put, @sophiamarie. It's good to read someone who understands the meaning of the word empathy and applies it to people on this board.

The OP needs some encouragement and it's so sad to read that she doesn't have a support system in her life.

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@halfpint1

Wow, this is scary.  My next appt with eye doc is March 9 to evaluate the cataracts I already have.  I have intermittent problems with dry eye also which I have always attributed to Sjogrens' because I also have dry mouth.

He said about two years ago that I would know when I needed the surgery, and I think I know now.  I've always heard it was a "breeze," and now to read this, I am not too sure.  I am going to bring this up when I see him.

The OP MUST get to the eye doc NOW. 

Please do not be afraid of the surgery. I have many underlying conditions and although I took a few weeks longer to heal, my vision was restored to 20/20 in 24 hours. You need a really good surgeon and you'll be just fine.

Frequent Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@halfpint1

Wow, this is scary.  My next appt with eye doc is March 9 to evaluate the cataracts I already have.  I have intermittent problems with dry eye also which I have always attributed to Sjogrens' because I also have dry mouth.

He said about two years ago that I would know when I needed the surgery, and I think I know now.  I've always heard it was a "breeze," and now to read this, I am not too sure.  I am going to bring this up when I see him.

The OP MUST get to the eye doc NOW. 

Please do not be afraid of the surgery. I have many underlying conditions and although I took a few weeks longer to heal, my vision was restored to 20/20 in 24 hours. You need a really good surgeon and you'll be just fine.

Ita @Trinity11@LilacTree dont let the Internet stories scare you.