Esteemed Contributor

I can;t get back to where I was

I can't see again. ,It h  I can't see again                     .Are we to know everything to be the drops. Why don't the doctors tell you whatis happening and why. I am not smart as them. Sorry this is a mess to read. Do you know if someones surgery went wrong? I don't want to be blind.

Honored Contributor

Re: I can;t get back to where I was

Did you just have surgery?If you are having difficulties you should get in touch with the doctors involved and see what they want you to do.I hope that you have someone there to take you because you really do need to get that checked out.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1,

The reason you are having issues is because your cataract has grown much larger and is covering a larger area of your eye.  That is when the doctor knows it is time to remove them.   

My grandmother did not have improved vision after her cataract removal, but her issue was related to her diabetes.  

Honored Contributor

halfpint1, please keep in close touch with your doctor about your symptoms, and keep us posted.

Pulling for you and for great recovery.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1

I know very little about cataract surgery, but I worry about you and you've been in my prayers and on my mind.

Do you have anyone in the medical community you can talk with, openly and at length, and share your concerns and also let them know how serious your vision problem is?

I wish you well, and I'll keep you in my prayers.

❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

halfpint1, 

It took me weeks after my first cataract surgery for my vision to adjust. When I looked at the computer, the lines of text were thick and thin and wavy. It just took some time for my eye to get used to the new lens, and then longer for the cornea to heal. I had very bad dry eye, and that made the vision problems worse.

Please contact your doctor and describe what's going on and see what he/she says to do.

Good luck.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@halfpint1

Wow, this is scary.  My next appt with eye doc is March 9 to evaluate the cataracts I already have.  I have intermittent problems with dry eye also which I have always attributed to Sjogrens' because I also have dry mouth.

He said about two years ago that I would know when I needed the surgery, and I think I know now.  I've always heard it was a "breeze," and now to read this, I am not too sure.  I am going to bring this up when I see him.

The OP MUST get to the eye doc NOW. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Why on earth are you on here with us instead of calling the doctor??????

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Why on earth are you on here with us instead of calling the doctor??????

Why are you scolding her?  She isn't posting incessently FHS.  She's hardly ever here and is scared.  She lives alone, has a son who does things for her at HIS convenience, whenever he comes over.  He takes her to the doctor when HE feels like it.  

She is blind in one eye and has a cataract in the other.  Apparently, her insurance plays a big part in what happens.  I didn't wait for a doctor to tell me I needed cataract surgery.  I told him I couldn't see well and he said it was because I needed to have my cataracts removed.  They were done two weeks apart and I was able to see clearly the VERY NEXT DAY.  I don't understand people who are telling her horror stories.  That's the last thing she needs to hear.  If you can't say anything positive, then don't say anything.  There are some people who are very fragile and I think the OP is one of them.

She is doing the best she can under the circumstances.  She is not very astute when it comes to medical issues, from what I know of her.  

I think we should try to be positive and not tell her all the things that could go wrong.  Save all the drama for another thread.   Leave the negatives for the doctors to tell her.  She'll get information and will be advised on what to do at the right time.  She doesn't needs any more grief than she's getting at home.  She said her husband died last year, so she only has one son - and apparently he's calling the shots.

I hope she gets her surgery soon and comes back with a good report and a good eye.

Honored Contributor

Also, I think when OP refers to "I can't get back to where I was", she actually means that she can't find her original post because of her vision issue.