Honored Contributor

Weight Loss- Update.

[ Edited ]
Thank you for sharing your experience nice way to get know people. Two months ago when I decided take back my body, No clue what journey would involve except knowing couldn't continue on the path. Before my decision change status quo, thought normal gain weight. Remembered wonderful Mother and Grandmother my wakeup call. Feel incredible! Swollen hands feet aches have all disappeared. So has the extra fat under my chin and neck thickness. Love smooth results. No sagging!! That was a concern.
Trusted Contributor

Good for you! Isn't it an empowering feeling to recognize the madness and then stop it? I did the same thing, started last June.  Cut the carbs, sugar, and dairy, upped the veggies.  Feel and look better at 56, fitting back into my "nice" clothes. 

I have my days when I want to dive int a bag of hershey kisses but I'm not going there anymore! Hard work but worth it. 

Continued good health to you! 

Honored Contributor

Image result for good luck on diet pics

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

Good for you! Isn't it an empowering feeling to recognize the madness and then stop it? I did the same thing, started last June.  Cut the carbs, sugar, and dairy, upped the veggies.  Feel and look better at 56, fitting back into my "nice" clothes. 

I have my days when I want to dive int a bag of hershey kisses but I'm not going there anymore! Hard work but worth it. 

Continued good health to you! 

Thank you!! Congratulations to you too. You said it all.🙋
Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Thank you for sharing your experience nice way to get know people. Two months ago when I decided take back my body, No clue what journey would involve except knowing couldn't continue on the path. Before my decision change status quo, thought normal gain weight. Remembered wonderful Mother and Grandmother my wakeup call. Feel incredible! Swollen hands feet aches have all disappeared. So has the extra fat under my chin and neck thickness. Love smooth results. No sagging!! That was a concern.

@Sweet_Serenity - so share your secrets - what did you do to lose the weight - Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity

Congratulations!

Please do share what led to your success.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor
Gained weight, Stopped being aware of what I was feeling and responding using food to fix me. That's entire subject onto itself. Gradual process, Then one day felt miserable! Bloated body. Swollen everywhere. Knew what was wrong! Took a deep breath. Said okay! This isn't about your not being attractive. This is about not feeling well. Realized in a short time would see my family. Dad 93 very healthy shared previously about his lifestyle, Did not want to greet him feeling sick. Then there was my Son and DIL GC! Knew wanted to have energy. To explore fun times! Three weeks cleansed detox sugar flour meat salt processed foods. Felt so good kept going. Eating only Veggies Fruit Sardines-wild caught eggs free range. No dairy No cheese. Especially, Loaded up on Kale alot of greens and plenty of Artisans water purest form lucky enough to have my own sourse. Without going into detail, suffice to say! System cleaned house. Oyvay, Went on to long. You get my point. Agree Diets, Do not work. Has to be a lifestyle. Plan continuing.
Honored Contributor

Re: Weight Loss- Update.

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Eating only Veggies Fruit Sardines-wild caught eggs free range. No dairy No cheese. Especially, Loaded up on Kale alot of greens and plenty of Artisans water 

@Sweet_Serenity

In a previous post you indicated you went plant-based.

Made me excited...I even posted a cute meme in support.

My bad for not truly questioning what some considered 

'plant-based' really is.  

Last I heard, "sardines" and "eggs" are not plants.  

You're just "meeting the RDA requirement" by eating more veggies

and reducing your intake of processed food.

It's not plant-based by any means.

Still eating meat.

Still eating animal byproducts with saturated fat which causes inflammation.

Probably seeing the biggest change with the reduction of processed food.

It's wonderful you're seeing results w/ what the RDA recommends.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

FB_IMG_1442871923791.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Eating only Veggies Fruit Sardines-wild caught eggs free range. No dairy No cheese. Especially, Loaded up on Kale alot of greens and plenty of Artisans water 

@Sweet_Serenity

In a previous post you indicated you went plant-based.

Made me excited...I even posted a cute meme in support.

My bad for not truly questioning what some considered 

'plant-based' really is.  

Last I heard, "sardines" and "eggs" are not plants.  

You're just "meeting the RDA requirement" by eating more veggies

and reducing your intake of processed food.

It's not plant-based by any means.

Still eating meat.

Still eating animal byproducts with saturated fat which causes inflammation.

Probably seeing the biggest change with the reduction of processed food.

It's wonderful you're seeing results w/ what the RDA recommends.

Don't eat Meat or Dairy or Cheese. To set the record straight.

Pssssst:   Sardines are 'meat'.

Sardines = Fish = Animal = Meat

Sardines are animal flesh & animal muscle.

The Public has a v.e.r.y. loose interpretation of what constitutes 

'meat'.  Many truly believe 'no meat' is just beef..not 'white' meat 

like chicken or fish.  Just don't understand...comical, really.

It's wonderful you're reducing your processed food intake 

& increasing vegetables!  That definitely makes the SAD less sad!