Esteemed Contributor

I hate being sick

I'm coughing, sneezing, blowing my nose.

I'm using Purell like it's going out of style.

It started with sore tonsills yesterday.

Okay, I'm off of my pitty pot.

Esteemed Contributor

Dear @Plaid Pants2, Please go to see your doctor.  Like you, I never get a cold or sore throat, but I did this spring.  I treated myself with OTC meds until I finally went to see my doc when my coughing got worse.  I ended up with bronchitis, but antibiotics cleared it up.  Just consider going.  Learn from my mistake.

Respected Contributor

Me too, I ended up with pneumonia.  Never had it before.

Respected Contributor

My husband is just finishing up with a bad cold. I told him we aren't supposed to get colds in the summer!

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Dear @Plaid Pants2, Please go to see your doctor.  Like you, I never get a cold or sore throat, but I did this spring.  I treated myself with OTC meds until I finally went to see my doc when my coughing got worse.  I ended up with bronchitis, but antibiotics cleared it up.  Just consider going.  Learn from my mistake.

Doctors DO NOT want everyone with a garden variety cold to call them about it or come into their offices spreading germs. They also don't like patients who call them for every little thing.

Coughs come with many if not most colds. They usually go away. Adults know their own history of pre-existing conditions like asthma, lung or heart disease. They also know their own bodies and can tell when it starts to be (IF it starts to be) more than a cold, after a week or more, and then seek medical advice. But calling a doctor for an appointment at the beginning of a cold, just because one is coughing? No.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I take ZICAM as soon a I feel any symptoms coming on. I haven't had a cold since I can remember.

Respected Contributor

A lot of Summer colds going around and the Doctors say it just has to run its course. It is the worse time to get one as it seems to take forever to get over them. Lots of fluids, rest and good old fashion honey and hot tea. You can melt a cough drop in a cup of hot water also and drink it. It really helps soothe the throat and stop the cough. Vicks rubbed on the bottom of your feet and socks also will make a difference. Gargle with warm salt water for the sore throat. Now there are a lot of remedies to try and see which ones help. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Respected Contributor

First my husband got what seemed like a cold but which turned into an infection. He went on antibiotics and is still coughing after three weeks. I came down with it a week ago. It isn't just a cold TAKE CARE, everyone, because what we got immediately settled in our lungs. I just finished antibiotics yesterday. Lots of congestion and coughing.

Honored Contributor

Forgot to add, @Plaid Pants2, sorry you feel like carp :-(

I had been stressing out for weeks before a huge move, and within two weeks of the move, I had a coughing, sniffling, sneezing cold, Like I really needed that. Sucked.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

May I suggest....get rid of the Purell and just do hot water and soap. I don't trust from what I've read the Purell vs. soap and water. Good luck on getting rid of that, I hate colds.