Esteemed Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

Not Humira, but I took a very similar TNF inhibitor, Enbrel. They work the same way.

Enbrel was a miracle for me. I can't even tell you how I was suffering before the drug came out. I never had any side effect but relief. After a couple times, the injections were routine. My husband would give them to me in the back of the arm. I think they have the pens now which are better.

I got seven years of relief from it before it conked out on me. I take a new biologic now. I wish you the best.

@PilatesLover  Thank you I'm Hopi g it works well for me.  I'm glad your meds are working well for you.  Before I had my issues I had no idea how hard it was to live with chronic conditions.

Esteemed Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

my doctor is starting me on Humira wondering if anyone is on it and what are your thoughts?  I've been kind of Leary about going on it ,  but in my case there is nothing else that can help he feels this drug hopefully will.  I've been putting him off for awhile now as Injections freak me out !! 🙀. I will go to my primary and her nurse will administer the Injection.  It's due to arrive tomorrow and I'm pretty anxious about side effects and all.  There are so many !  I have many allergies and sensitive too many types of drugs.   Well I guess I'll find out after that ist dose.

would like to hear your experience if your taking this drug .  Also if it helped you .

@Kitty Galore  I wouldn’t touch that drug with a 50 foot pole.  It will give you a lymphoma.   

@Blingqueen023Yes I do know there are side effects.  But sometimes you have no choice .

Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Kitty Galore

I was in the clinical trial for Humira.  I had a bad reaction, including a break out of shingles that ran through my right eye, which caused the loss of some vision in that eye.

When I was 16 -17  I was diagnosed, so my autoimmune system is pretty bad.

I wish you all the best with your treatments.

@Drythe  Thank you ,  wow I'm so sorry to hear about your reactions to Humira . I can certainly understand how you would feel about this medication with it affecting your vision .  I hope your doing better now 😺

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

my doctor is starting me on Humira wondering if anyone is on it and what are your thoughts?  I've been kind of Leary about going on it ,  but in my case there is nothing else that can help he feels this drug hopefully will.  I've been putting him off for awhile now as Injections freak me out !! 🙀. I will go to my primary and her nurse will administer the Injection.  It's due to arrive tomorrow and I'm pretty anxious about side effects and all.  There are so many !  I have many allergies and sensitive too many types of drugs.   Well I guess I'll find out after that ist dose.

would like to hear your experience if your taking this drug .  Also if it helped you .

@Kitty Galore  I wouldn’t touch that drug with a 50 foot pole.  It will give you a lymphoma.   

@Blingqueen023Yes I do know there are side effects.  But sometimes you have no choice .

T

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

Sorry @Blingqueen023.  I forgot that I already replied to you a couple of days ago !    The mind is the first thing to go I guess LoL😆