Esteemed Contributor

another question for Humira users....do you let your med come to room temp before you inject...just read those instructions on website...

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

another question for Humira users....do you let your med come to room temp before you inject...just read those instructions on website...

@nana59    I do let my syringe come to room temperature,   Usually around 20 minutes to half an hour .  I find it stings much less.  And now humira is citrate free which also helps with the sting for me anyways.    I requested the syringes over the pens,  was told by a nurse I know that is on humira that it is much less painful .    Good luck to you !

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@nana59    I do let my syringe come to room temperature,   Usually around 20 minutes to half an hour .  I find it stings much less.  And now humira is citrate free which also helps with the sting for me anyways.    I requested the syringes over the pens,  was told by a nurse I know that is on humira that it is much less painful .    Good luck to you !

i thought room temperature was less painful....just read on paperwork that you should take it out of frig for 30 minutes....and you can store this med at room temp for up to 14 days....but yet my doctor insists it be refrigerated right up until i inject it....i'm bringing the paperwork to her at my next appointment......i just got a supply of Humira today...i called my pharmacy to ask if i received the new citrate free...i did not....because the doctor has to request it!  i asked my doctor to request it......i've gotten off on the wrong foot with this new doctor.....

Trusted Contributor

@nana59  I have always kept mine in the fridge and take out one pen before using it to allow it to warm up. Scares me not being in the fridge. I take it twice a month so I would always have 1 in the fridge.  Good luck with it, let us know if it helps you.  I had almost immediate relief and I hope you have the same.

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@nana59  I have always kept mine in the fridge and take out one pen before using it to allow it to warm up. Scares me not being in the fridge. I take it twice a month so I would always have 1 in the fridge.  Good luck with it, let us know if it helps you.  I had almost immediate relief and I hope you have the same.

if not too personal...can you tell me what you're taking Humira for...

Trusted Contributor

@nana59   Sorry for the delay, just saw your question.  I take it for my Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@nana59   Sorry for the delay, just saw your question.  I take it for my Rheumatoid Arthritis.

i'm hoping it works for my hidradenitis, osteo, and psoriatic arthritis....maybe i'm asking for too much.....i'm just a mess....thanks for your reply...glad it's working for you!

Regular Contributor

Hi Nananana59,  I just wanted to send you positive vibes & wishes that this medication will give you some relief.  Some I deeply love and care for has this condition, and I've seen how devistating it is.   Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

@Abby Grace wrote:

Hi Nananana59,  I just wanted to send you positive vibes & wishes that this medication will give you some relief.  Some I deeply love and care for has this condition, and I've seen how devistating it is.   Good luck!

thank you for your kindness...it truly is dehabilitating....and i have a high tolerance for pain....but this condition is getting the best of me....i'm not the same person i used to be....i appreciate your good wishes....

Trusted Contributor

@nana59   Just wondering if you are feeling any relief after starting the Humira?  I do hope you are feeling a little better.