Respected Contributor

Tomorrow will be one week and I must say I am doing extremely well.  (Posterior)  Off the painkillers today except for Tylenol.  Really had no pain, it was managed well.  Tapered off as days went by.  Getting around on my walker and doing PT exercises at home with a 2-3x weekly visit.  I must say and I HIGHLY recommend renting a recliner chair was the BEST decision we made. I've found it easy to sleep in and very comfortable to sit and do all the exercises in.  Not sure why it is not a part of the post- op plan.  I am lucky I can afford to rent one but it is $ very well spent!!!   Been upstairs to shower but I am living on main floor at least for the next week.  The time pre-op planning and learning about the procedure was very stressful but looking back it was not that bad.  Good luck to all who are facing this surgery.  So far, so good!

Respected Contributor

That's wonderful news. I have to say that you sound like the perfect patient. I hope you continue to improve without any complications. Wishing you the best. 

Valued Contributor

Great news.  Keep up the good work.

Honored Contributor

I am happy you are doing well.  It will be wonderful when you can get back to normal life, hopefully, pain free and do those things you love to do.  You have a new beginning.

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl,

Glad to read your post, 

Thumbs Up Emoticon - Beautiful Emoji Queen Duvet, transparent png download

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl   So far such great news!  Hope all goes well and speedy for you!

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl  did you discuss having the anterior method instead of posterior method done?  It is so much less evasive and healing time and discomfort so much less. I had both hips done anterior method.  Just curious.

Respected Contributor

That is awesome news @bargainsgirl 

Can’t keep a good girl down!!!

Honored Contributor

So very wonderful to hear!  I'm sure you are looking forward to the beauty of spring and hope you can easily be out and about!

Respected Contributor

Glad to hear it, good for you.