Honored Contributor

Is anyone here taking PEA? If so, what condition do you take it for and how are your results? Of course, you can be very general about your condition, or choose to not share at all. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Is anyone here taking PEA?

What's that ?  I'm not familiar. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D I have no idea what this is. I don't take ANYTHING without the okay or direction of my oncologist and PCP.

Respected Contributor

The Arbonne protein shakes I drink each day are pea protein.  I am not vegan but I love the product and it is much easier for me to digest, opposed to whey.  

Deb 

Esteemed Contributor

I've heard of it, but haven't come across it. I asked my naturopath about it, and he hadn't heard much on it. I did want to try it though. I'd be interested in seeing the benefits.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Effie54 @Love my grandkids @CoffeeNut @SFGIANTSGIRL 

PEA stands for palmitoylethanolamide. It is a natural compound that is found in some foods and it  has been studied for the relief of different types of pain and inflammation in both animals and humans. The study size and quality of the research on it varies greatly from study to study. It has also been studied for its safety. It's benefits are still under study but some people and pets take it as a supplement; some under the guidance of their clinicians. There are hundreds and hundreds of small studies which showed beneficial results. There are clinical trials underway to test its benefits for a variety of conditions, and many types of pain, including neuropathic pain and migraine pain. It does show enough promise to initiate wide scale studies. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Effie54 @Love my grandkids @CoffeeNut @SFGIANTSGIRL 

PEA stands for palmitoylethanolamide. It is a natural compound that is found in some foods and it  has been studied for the relief of different types of pain and inflammation in both animals and humans. The study size and quality of the research on it varies greatly from study to study. It has also been studied for its safety. It's benefits are still under study but some people and pets take it as a supplement; some under the guidance of their clinicians. There are hundreds and hundreds of small studies which showed beneficial results. There are clinical trials underway to test its benefits for a variety of conditions, and many types of pain, including neuropathic pain.

Okay, now I remember the correlation between PEA supplements and inflammation. I was going to try it, but so many nutritionists aren't familiar with it. Thank you so much for the information. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry, I was confused. When my friend and I talk about our protein powders we refer to them as Pea or Whey LOL

Deb