Valued Contributor

Ford, please let us know how things went at the doctor! Thinking of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Have you treated having deep tissue massage?

Honored Contributor

Ford, I'm thinking of you today, hoping your orthopedist had hopeful news and that you're feeling better. You've been through so much. I keep praying you'll find relief and peace from all the pain and turmoil. Take care.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

So sorry this happened to you, Ford. I hope your doc visit will yield some results.

I bet there are more than a few of us that do whatever to our bodies during sleep. Mine is my neck. I don't know what it is that I do at night, but once in a while I wake up in the morning and my neck hurts like heck, my left trap is solid as a rock and it takes 3 months for this to resolve. Arrrgh!

Best wishes to you. I hope you can get a handle on this and perhaps some PT to help get you in a better place.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately the news is not good. I fractured another vertebrae, upper back, T7. I can walk, so thankfully I do not have to go to the hospital. I was hoping it was muscular, but xray at ortho doc's office clearly shows a break. So I have almost a dozen now, all healed in one way or another, but clearly losing height with each one. Pretty soon I will be a head sticking out of a shoe.

Six to eight weeks healing, lying down mostly with heat (not ice according to my ortho doc). So no Thanksgiving at my niece's after all, and no Christmas in NYC at the opera either. Maybe next year, ha ha. He prescribed Tylenol with codeine which I will take as little as possible because I already have a compromised liver from years of NSAIDS and prednisone.

Odd, when it's one's lower spine, no walking. When it's the upper spine can't lift even a can of soup. Will have to do all microwave cooking. Guess I lucked out that it's my upper spine, I would be totally frustrated if I had to go into the hospital again. This is obviously my nemesis for however long I have left. Feeling sorry for myself? No. Being pi$*$ed? Yes.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

(((((((((((Ford)))))))))))) I am SO SO sorry to read this!! And I'm so sorry you're dealing with another fracture.

Honored Contributor
On 11/20/2014 MJ 12 said:

(((((((((((Ford)))))))))))) I am SO SO sorry to read this!! And I'm so sorry you're dealing with another fracture.

Thanks, MJ.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Ford, I am so sorry to hear you have a fracture.

That just really stinks.

Trusted Contributor

So sorry to hear this Ford. It's so hard not to be able to do the everyday things people take for granted.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor
On 11/20/2014 adelle38 said:

So sorry to hear this Ford. It's so hard not to be able to do the everyday things people take for granted.

Read the post on shoulder surgery as to the things we take for granted and then can no longer do. One poster had successful surgery and is now able to do all of those things! That warmed my heart.

Thank you for your kind words.

Formerly Ford1224