Honored Contributor

At least we all know what it is now...unless you've been living under a rock.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Does anyone else dislike this term as much as I?  Everytime I hear it, I feel scientists think of us as a herd of cattle or some kind of animals.  Why couldn't they just call it "group immunity".  Herd immunity doesn't sound very professional or official IMO.

Thanks for bringing this up! I agree and in conversations, I'm careful about what terms I use/repeat and I won't be repeating this one either. I can't control how others/experts describe things but I sure can decide how I will.

Honored Contributor

Re: Herd Immunity

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Might be disrespectful to cows. Cows are much more rational than many humans' behaviors  we have seen in the last 12 months. 

@Goldengate8361.  Cows are dumb, dumb, dumb and they are not rational.  Ever see a Western movie of a stampede caused by a thunderstorm?  That's herd behavior in cattle.

@CoffeeNut 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Might be disrespectful to cows. Cows are much more rational than many humans' behaviors  we have seen in the last 12 months. 

I can't argue with that.  I've seen too many two-legged creatures stampeding and trampling around to feel insulted by being compared to the four-legged ones lately.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm also sick of news reports showing needles going into arms.  I have a problem with needles and spend half the newscasts with my eyes closed.  Why is this necessary?  Many people are squeamish about this.

Me too.  I tell my DH this Everytime I see a needle coming out ready to go into an arm.  

Honored Contributor

This isn't the kind of thing that offends me. But if it makes anyone feel better to call it group or population immunity that's great for them. As long as people understand what you're talking about call it whatever you want.

I cannot wait until we have mass group population immunity. Or herd immunity. Or whatever you want to call it immunity. That will be fabulous.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Re: Herd Immunity

[ Edited ]

It's because they actually do think we are nothing more than a herd of cattle.  

Airlines, too!

Valued Contributor

I am too. Tired of the same videos, updates, charts, graphs, expert opinions. Time to move on. I feel fine and probably put on 20 lbs. Shopping helps. My hair is all gray now, and getting cranky. Facebook friends annoy me, some help me laugh a little.

Enough of this. I feel like I'm on probation. I need a housekeeper and hubby better watch his step. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm also sick of news reports showing needles going into arms.  I have a problem with needles and spend half the newscasts with my eyes closed.  Why is this necessary?  Many people are squeamish about this.

I'm one of those who have a problem with needles, too.  And calling it a "jab" like that makes it hurt less, doesn't help.