Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

@Porcelain - If an entity like the WHO or the CDC indicate they are changing the way that cases are deemed positive via reducing cycle thresholds for PCR testing that others have been stating are way too high for months, why shouldn't that be discussed?  Isn't the word from these agencies the only word you trust and believe?  Only you are entitled to have such a discussion?  Sorry.  

We both are posting here so...obviously you are very entitled to your side of the discussion as well.

I just completely disagree with your premises and think they promote physically harmful behaviors. That's just my opinion. Everybody has one.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

I have gotten both of my shots...I don't care what you call it - but I call it ''blessed and doing my part to protect society - and me !"

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ - I am not "pounding my theories" into anyone's head here.  People have the right to believe whatever they do or do not believe. I don't park myself here every day, either. You are insinuating unkind things about me, and I am merely defending myself, so to speak.  But after this comment, I am done with you. There is just no point in fostering any more negativity at this forum.  There is enough of that in the world, especially right now.

I think we all need to think critically to the best of our ability to do so during this pandemic, and consider every side to multifaceted issue of testing, tracking and treatment options.  My mother died sooner than she had to because I didn't think critically, or even for myself, at that time.  I blindly trusted what a medical "expert" told me to do for her without any investigation or verification at all.  I know; that's just another anecdote, but it is my truth, nonetheless.  My "stories" will always be consistent, because they are truthful.  I now fully investigate things I am told by proclaimed "experts", and I am not the least bit sorry that I do. 

@Jersey Born 

No one implied that you can not state your opinions, and you have done so.

However, responding to someone who has a different view, by restating your own view several times, does appear that you are  ‘pounding in your opinion’  

We all have our own stories.

~Be Well-Be Safe~

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

We all know our own body or think we do.  But, covid-19 strikes athletes and that's why as someone who is only a weekend athlete both of us want to get the vaccine.  I'm pretty sure full time athletes were not in the least bit worried of being completely taken down by covid-19. Those that survived are shocked by who they are today...only a shell of their former self. 

I read a "new" report today stating that type O is least likely to get covid-19...doesn't make us immune and is an old story written as new.  I am type O as is my husband. 

Maybe as a matter of course, the blood type of everyone who had covid-19 should be published.  Hmmm, maybe not as I'm sure it would pretty much be the deciding factor for many who feel they will not get covid-19.  But, I sure would like to know blood type information on all those who got it, recovered and did not. 

Honored Contributor

A quick note about this new way of making a vaccine. Does anyone else find it odd that they only use this method for Covid-19 and not Hepatitis C, HIV, or the two closely related coronaviruses of SARS and MERS? 

According to published reports, one of the labs created their version of the vaccine in just two days. Why haven't they taken a couple of more days to create one for Hep C, HIV, or the other coronaviruses out there? I'm pretty sure there would be a huge market for those vaccines. We know a heck of a lot more about those viruses than we do Covid-19. If they could churn out a Covid-19 vaccine in two days why not spend a couple of more days and make vaccines for the other deadly viruses out there?

The only reason I can come up with is that they're not sure how safe and effective the vaccines are made this way. Those taking the vaccines are their guinea pigs to see how safe and effective the vaccines truly are. That makes me a tad uneasy about this new method of making a vaccine. If they know it works and is safe and effective, why not use it to make vaccines for the other deadly viruses? Why just use it for Covid-19?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman , that's a good point you make; I never thought about it. Maybe the rush for a Covid vaccine rather than for another disease is because Covid has been politicized; the others not so much. I think the media has much to do with scaring people into thinking we're all doomed.

Yes, the virus is bad and should be taken seriously, but this whole thing has been exaggerated for ratings IMO. Because of it, people wanted a vaccine asap. I know some posters will get upset by me saying this, so be it. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

@gardenman , that's a good point you make; I never thought about it. Maybe the rush for a Covid vaccine rather than for another disease is because Covid has been politicized; the others not so much. I think the media has much to do with scaring people into thinking we're all doomed.

Yes, the virus is bad and should be taken seriously, but this whole thing has been exaggerated for ratings IMO. Because of it, people wanted a vaccine asap. I know some posters will get upset by me saying this, so be it. 

I'm sure the family members of those who have passed from Covid thank you for this wonderful and heartfelt sentiment.

Trusted Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

A quick note about this new way of making a vaccine. Does anyone else find it odd that they only use this method for Covid-19 and not Hepatitis C, HIV, or the two closely related coronaviruses of SARS and MERS? 

According to published reports, one of the labs created their version of the vaccine in just two days. Why haven't they taken a couple of more days to create one for Hep C, HIV, or the other coronaviruses out there? I'm pretty sure there would be a huge market for those vaccines. We know a heck of a lot more about those viruses than we do Covid-19. If they could churn out a Covid-19 vaccine in two days why not spend a couple of more days and make vaccines for the other deadly viruses out there?

The only reason I can come up with is that they're not sure how safe and effective the vaccines are made this way. Those taking the vaccines are their guinea pigs to see how safe and effective the vaccines truly are. That makes me a tad uneasy about this new method of making a vaccine. If they know it works and is safe and effective, why not use it to make vaccines for the other deadly viruses? Why just use it for Covid-19?

@gardenmanhere's an excerpt from an article

"The Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines do so by encapsulating the mRNA in tiny oily capsules, known as lipid nanoparticles. Moderna had been working for 10 years to improve its nanoparticles. This gave it one advantage over Pfizer-BioNTech: its particles were more stable and did not have to be stored at extremely low temperatures."

It also addresses your question about using mRNA for other diseases.

BioNTech co-founders Dr. Ugur Sahin and Dr. Ozlem Tureci in its headquarters in Germany on Jan. 3.

mRNA Technology Gave Us the First COVID-19 Vaccines. It Could Also Upend the Drug Industry,

Esteemed Contributor

I would like to find out if anything has been published on sterilized immunity yet.  I know the data is being sought but I hope the experts publish something in the next 6 months.

Esteemed Contributor

I would like to know why no one is mentioning that fetal cells were used for testing and the development of these vaccines.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!