Honored Contributor

Just found out I have them I am on a cream for 10 days twice day, I had some bleeding which led me to see the doc, she also wants me to use Benefiber which scares me.

I am not sure how my stomach will tolerate.

I eat a salad every day and will try to increase my roughage intake

Any thought thanks all

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Just found out I have them I am on a cream for 10 days twice day, I had some bleeding which led me to see the doc, she also wants me to use Benefiber which scares me.

I am not sure how my stomach will tolerate.

I eat a salad every day and will try to increase my roughage intake

Any thought thanks all

Welcome to the wonderful world of hemorrhoids. Unless you already have stomach issues the Benefiber shouldn't bother you. I use Citrucil (orange flavored sugar free) which is more or less the same thing and first started with half the recommended dose which amounted to a Tablespoon once a day then worked my way up to a full dosage. In your shoes I'd try that and see how it goes. It's just to make "going" smoother and easier on the hemorrhoids allowing them to simmer down.

Trusted Contributor

Why does Benefiber scare you?  

Buy Bran Buds.  Eat 1/3 of a cup per day.  That is about 50% of the fiber you need per day.

You will be clean as a whistle and a pooping genius in about three days.

Honored Contributor

They are a pain in the rear!  I have had surgeons say, the surgery to have them removed hurts worse than actually having them, they do not cause cancer, and to leave them alone!

Honored Contributor

@alarmclock 

Bran and anything of that sort have caused me upsets and they are a lot of points on WW. I have a somach that is easily upset by high fiber

@alarmclock wrote:

Why does Benefiber scare you?  

Buy Bran Buds.  Eat 1/3 of a cup per day.  That is about 50% of the fiber you need per day.

You will be clean as a whistle and a pooping genius in about three days.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

I suggested it because you can "hide" it in so many ways so you can tolerate it.  Be careful of fiber supplements that contain yeast.  

Yeast will give you just that - a yeast infection - and another trip to the doctor.

Been there.  Switched to Bran Buds immediately.

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox   Yes.....I'm 70 now and have had them since I was in my early 20's!  I think it all started because I ate poorly (not enough fiber mostly) when I was young, and had problems with constipation.  It's all about the straining, you know.  I've had a couple horrendous attacks in the past because I had "pushed" too hard.  You never want to do that unless you want to feel like you have marbles on your anus and are in so much pain and swelling that you have to sit sideways!  I was bleading so badly I had to wear protection, and you can imagine what it felt like when I had to use the bathroom.

I learned how to eat better and take magnesium daily to loosen the stool.  I also eat some red pepper with my meals every day because that helps me get the urge right after breakfast, so I "go" every day like clockwork.  I haven't had a bad attack in many years now.  After that last one was so awful, I learned my lesson.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde 

I have never had any other those issues, I am 64 and have been on WW for the last 14 months, only thing I can think is the amount of oil and salad dressings I eat has decreased

@2blonde wrote:

@I am still oxox   Yes.....I'm 70 now and have had them since I was in my early 20's!  I think it all started because I ate poorly (not enough fiber mostly) when I was young, and had problems with constipation.  It's all about the straining, you know.  I've had a couple horrendous attacks in the past because I had "pushed" too hard.  You never want to do that unless you want to feel like you have marbles on your anus and are in so much pain and swelling that you have to sit sideways!  I was bleading so badly I had to wear protection, and you can imagine what it felt like when I had to use the bathroom.

I learned how to eat better and take magnesium daily to loosen the stool.  I also eat some red pepper with my meals every day because that helps me get the urge right after breakfast, so I "go" every day like clockwork.  I haven't had a bad attack in many years now.  After that last one was so awful, I learned my lesson.

Esteemed Contributor

Welcome to the world of panty liners and pads, and we thought it was all behind us.  

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox   OK, so how did you know you had a problem?  Didn't you have some pain and/or swelling after or during elimination?  Maybe yours are still on the inside.  I know they don't cause much problems until they get pushed to the outside.......at least that's how it is with me.  Currently, I wouldn't even know they are there because they are "in" where they belong.

Laura loves cats!